Nothing Says, "I Love You!" Like Institutionalized Shunning!

by Oubliette 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    It's abysmal. Especially the pic shown in the link:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/ws20150515/disfellowshipping-a-loving-provision/

Note how the WT attempts to misquote the parable of the prodigal son. The WT states:

>>>Jesus used an illustration of a young man who left his father’s home and spent all his inheritance living an immoral life. The young man eventually realized that life away from his father’s home had no meaning. So he repented and decided to go back to his family. The father was very happy when he saw that his son had changed his attitude, and he welcomed him home. (Luke 15:11-24)<<<

Of course this is nonsense. A careful reading of the Scripture shows that the father ran to meet his son when he saw him in the distance, long before the son had had a chance to speak with his father. Nowhere does the Scripture say that the father only welcomed his son AFTER he saw that he had changed his attitude! Even the witness Bible affirms this: "While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him and was moved with pity, and he ran and embraced him and tenderly kissed him".

Once again the WT attempts to re-write history and con it's adherents in the process.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    This is so bizarre. You would think they would have drawn the disfellowshipped one in black and white and the rest in color...what a strange decision!! And to give her such a beautifully colored dress, too. I'm thinking whoever drew this does not agree with WT policy!!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Agree @fayedunaway

Sometimes I wonder if there is a mole inside lol

• done4good
    done4good

FayeDunaway - This is so bizarre. You would think they would have drawn the disfellowshipped one in black and white and the rest in color...what a strange decision!! And to give her such a beautifully colored dress, too.

Yes, downright bizarre. That was my exact thought. It is almost as if they cannot even hide the fact they are black and white thinking, lifeless automatons, and are proud of it.

d4g

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "...why are there so many pedophiles in the congregation that have never been disfellowshipped?"

There is some anecdotal evidence that suggests that enforced celibacy can to lead to sexual deviancy, and the WTS loves them some enforced celibacy.

One disturbing possible answer to your question is that if they were all DFed, there might not be enough "qualified brothers" left to keep said congregation functioning...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    DOC: Let's review? It's a cult. (I beat Oubli to it!)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I think the illustration is sort of a "scarlett letter" type of branding.

Absolutely disgusting.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Is this the first time the simplified edition has had a completely different article?

I had not noticed this before since I usually don't look at the simplified edition.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

freemindfade - "Sometimes I wonder if there is a mole inside lol"

You wouldn't be the first.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

MITM: Is this the first time the simplified edition has had a completely different article?

That's a really good question!

An even better one is: WHY?

Why would they put this article in the simplified version and NOT in the regular "Study Edition"?

I can guess, but that's all it would be, a guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit