Jehovahs Witnesses LUNG TRANSPLANT YES TRANSFUSION NO

by Refriedtruth 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/25/us/bloodless-lung-transplants-for-jehovahs-witnesses.html?pagewanted=all

'Bloodless' Lung Transplants Offer Hint at Surgery's Future New York Times-

The reason: Ms. Tomczak, who was baptized at age 12 as a Jehovah's Witness, insisted for religious reasons that her transplant be performed ...

Major puff piece for Watchtower propaganda at prestigious New York Times STOP BREATHE and THINK!

How absurd this sounds......Jehovah's Witnesses can have a Biggie Lung transplant but not the intrinsic blood that goes with it! Same with the Liver or any organ.

Then there is the "catch" JW actually can use 90% of a bag of blood as long as it is a "conscience matter" and the Watchtower corporation is not held legally liable and sued for wrongful death.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Excerpt: —

“Well, how about that?” — when told that the drop in her hemoglobin levels, measured before and immediately after surgery, had been barely perceptible. Jehovah, she said, must have been guiding Dr. Scheinin’s hand.

Given what they had achieved together, that sat just fine with Dr. Scheinin, who is Jewish. “Over the years, I’ve been blessed by Catholic priests, rabbis, Baptist ministers, even a Buddhist monk or two,” he said. “I wouldn’t trade in my surgical skills for a life of piety. But can anyone deny that a higher power doesn’t have some bearing on how this all plays out?”

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks Dan. There was a time when organ transplants were viewed as cannibalism by the WT.

Bangalore

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

To those newly introduced to the Watchtower twisted blood transfusion ban, this case is a classic cherry picked success story while ignoring the 50,000 to 100,000 or more Jehovah's Witnesses who have died for refusing life saving blood.

https://myaccount.nytimes.com/membercenter/emailus.html Send your letters to the editor

• Refriedtruth
  • sir82
    sir82

So do they boil the lung prior to transplant, to make sure all the blood is out of it first?

If not, why is a transfusion of blood sitting inside a transfused lung OK, but a transfusion of blood outside the lung a reason for eternal death?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"But can anyone deny that a higher power doesn’t have some bearing on how this all plays out?”

Yes we all can deny it.

To suggest the higher power would assist a surgeon's hand begs the question, why not just fix the problem with no surgery?

Why put everyone through the trauma of surgery?

• Pickler
    Pickler

What the f**k? Why not trust in Jehovah & see her kids after the resurrection she believes will happen? Why take a organ from people whose only hope is In this world? Why give an organ to someone like this?

Did the article also say she is obese? Well, unless its from the meds she is on, why transplant to someone who is not looking after themselves? It's the same as giving lungs to a smoker.

Another example of not participating in the world & then using it when it suits you. This woman would have shunned those DF for having blood.

She would have let her kids die without a transfusion.

This makes me so mad!!! The hypocrisy of it is sickening, and this fawning article makes me want to vomit!

Sorry for the rage, but......I can't help it!!!!!!!!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never understood the new rules related to blood components. It seems that if you chop blood into little pieces, then it is not blood anymore.

• steve2
    steve2

So, JWs can choose to accept donated organs, but are they allowed to donate their organs? Does the Watchtower have any "policies" on donating organs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit