Tim Tebow to address Anti-Gay Anti-Semetic Mega Church

by designs 110 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Humans who were Christians. You see they planted this thing called the 'Cross' on someone else's lands and well you know the rest of the story.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Cage I challenge you to find a post where I screamed "Racist" or "Homophobe". As for this thread, I haven't read all the posts, but I'm pretty sure no one called for the government to tell people what to think. They are merely (as Still Thinking said) voicing their opinions which we all have the right to do. Something which appears to upset you.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Billy & Ohiocowboy.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Humans who were Christians. You see they planted this thing called the 'Cross' on someone else's lands and well you know the rest of the story.

I think you mean Humanists who called themselves "Christians", just like the JWs, who sucked you in, by hiding the cross and appealing to your humanism.

Humanism comes in many forms, atheistic and religious, and yes, the churches and cults are full of them.

• designs
    designs

DD- At some point you have to own that Christians caused a whole lot of damage to other humans over the past 1900 years. While there is a message of 'The Golden Rule' which many follow and is genuinely helpful to others there is a core of the central Christian philosophy that is destructive and harmful to humanity.

Christianity through its many denominations has reformed its harder edges however someone like Pastor Jeffriess is one of those who still hold to some very Literal views of the Bible such as Hell and a Jesus who comes back to wipe out the non-believers. So for Tim accepting this invitation is interesting, he must agree to some extent with First Baptist and its anti-gay anti-semetic pastor.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

DD- At some point you have to own that Christians caused a whole lot of damage to other humans over the past 1900 years. While there is a message of 'The Golden Rule' which many follow and is genuinely helpful to others there is a core of the central Christian philosophy that is destructive and harmful to humanity.

What you need to own is that the humanism in "churches" has been driving force in virtually every case, and the toleration of it in some church institutions is at the core and is to blame for the destruction and harm to humanity.

The smear job you tried to do to Tim Tebow and Pastor Jeffriess is shameful and shows bigotry on your part.

• designs
    designs

Just pointing out the statements made by Pastor Jeffress- see his web site, and Tim's willingness to speak at First Baptist.

As for the human reality of any christian- just shows ol Jesus doesn't do much to stop atrocities and civil rights violations in his name.

Wishing for the early rather than later demise of religion- oh absolutely

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Just pointing out the statements made by Pastor Jeffress- see his web site, and Tim's willingness to speak at First Baptist

That's the problem, you haven't pointed at anything but your own bigotry.

As for the human reality of any christian...

Anyone can call themselves a Christian actual believer or not, but only Christ could live it out.

• designs
    designs

Like most modern christians you don't want own to your christian history, a phenomena seen in our former Wt. 'church' members as well. It is a natural thing the mind does with terrible news, 'wasn't me, not my problem'.

So read or don't read Pastor Jeffress statements- your choice.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him play the saxophone

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Like most modern christians you don't want own to your christian history, a phenomena seen in our former Wt. 'church' members as well. It is a natural thing the mind does with terrible news, 'wasn't me, not my problem'.

Yes, good point. The WT is a perfect example of a group of religious humanists, who have abused and hurt so many in our society, and doing it in the name of their so called “christ”. I have no problem admitting that. There are also many selfrighteous HUMANISTS in mainstream Christian denominations doing the same. They have brought much shame to the church. However that doesn’t make faith in Christ the cause of the problem.

I also would think you would join me in repudiating such people, instead of spreading false reports about those who don’t deserve it. The fact that you won’t go to the trouble to quote these people in context, shows your opinion is of little value in a forum such as this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit