Misquotes, Lies and deception in Watchtower Publications

by jwfacts 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Great work .... here is an addition to proof reading

The Watchtower is clear that you must be a Jehovah's Witnesses to survive Armageddon, will billions of people being mercilessly destroyed.
  • shadowpixie
    shadowpixie

Fabulous article! Really appreciate this. Especially, "Jehovah's witnesses pointed to the year 1914, decades in advance, as marking the start of "the conclusion of the system of things." Awake! 1973 Jan 22 p.8. What?! Well done, Paul.

Typoes I spotted are -

[under '1914 quotes'] Yet it is stated now stated that the Watchtower consistently placed this event as 1914.

until 1930 Jesus heavenly rule change to 'Jesus' heavenly rule' (adding an apostrope)

[under 1925]
    The full quote showed that the return of Abraham and the other Ancient was still Ancients

[under 'Education'] This quote encapsulates the misleading way the watchtower commonly includes quotes. Watchtower (need a captial W)

by the use of … to hide the change to "by the use of '. . .' to hide the" OR "by the use of an ellipsis they hide the"

[under Trinity Brochure] When discussing the Trinity, they have almost never discuss the concept of change to 'they have almost never discussed the' OR 'they almost never discuss'

[under 'Light gets Brighter'] 1990 Nov 1 p.11 (add a comma after Nov 1?)

[under 'Internal vs external information'] must be a Jehovah's Witnesses to survive Armageddon, will billions of people being mercilessly destroyed Change will to with.

Yet notice the ambiguous way in which a Witness is to deal when questioned if only Witnesses will be saved. Change deal to respond?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great article, JWfacts.

Thank you.

Eden

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Just sent this to my `in` Dad, he doesnt like looking at apostate stuff, so i entitled the emailed link "Guess where the gorgeous woman in the paradise book came from?" hee hee! That should get his attention!

Thankyou for JW Facts Paul, keep the hostage rescue going!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi JWFacts; LOVE your article. Here is something I posted a few days ago on the 'JW Stumpers' topic that you might find interesting:

Here's a stumper my husband & I just came across.... If you look in the front of your NWT at when the books of the bible were written, Ezekiel FINISHED writing his prophecies in 591 bce. If you use WTBT$ date of 607 B.C.E, then that means he was NOT a prophet, but simply writing history down that Jerusalem HAD been destroyed. It's a catch-22, either he was a prophet and finished his writings BEFORE the destruction of Jerusalem [which would make it after 591 B.C.E] or he's a false prophet and was just writing history after the fact. HUMMMMMMMM In the following article from the WT, the prophecies had been written and distributed to the public. another HMMMMMMM

From the 56/WT 3/1 pg 146 pp7:

Finally 2,562 years ago the Davidic dynasty became dormant when King Zedekiah was deposed and the throne was declared unoccupied in 607 B.C. By this time all the prophecy of Isaiah and most of the communications through Ezekiel and Jeremiah and some of the minor prophets had been proclaimed and released for public distribution. This flood of prophetic truths pertained to the fall and restoration of Jerusalem and was spiritual food indeed for the minds and hearts of the faithful minority of Israel. While these prophecies had their miniature fulfillments upon fleshly Israel, yet longer shadows were cast of good to be fulfilled in later times to a far more glorious spiritual Israel of God. Then through the prophet Daniel came heavenly prophetic truths concerning the rise and fall of the Gentile kingdoms leading to the time when the New World kingdom of Messiah would appear on the global scene to break in pieces and consume all these old-world kingdoms. In victorious vindication this kingdom would stand forever. Then 2,397 years ago the last of the Hebrew Scriptures was written, Malachi’s prophecy, setting forth truths as to Jehovah’s coming to the temple for judgment in company with His “angel of the covenant” to arrange for a cleansed priesthood to lead in pure worship for the new world.—Ezek. 21:27; Gal. 6:16; Mal. 3:1,

Da.

• life is to short
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

[under 'Internal vs external information']

must be a Jehovah's Witnesses to survive Armageddon, will billions of people being mercilessly destroyed

Change will to with.

And make 'Witnesses' singular.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Marked! Thank you

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

jwfacts,

It’s very good presentation and well composed. I’d have only one recommendation.

In my experience many folks lack sufficient attention span with result of feeling overwhelmed by articles longer than a blurb. On the other hand, many folks are drawn to lengthy detailed presentations. So my recommendation is to format your article to service both these types. For instance, you could either:

1. Write a brief overview (abstract) to introduce the same material and follow that with labeled hypertext to content within the article, then followed by that content. This way the short attention span can have a means of navigating without feeling a need to read all content strictly in order to get the import.

Or:

2. Leave the current article as is and add another much shorter article with labeled hypertext links to more detailed presentation of specific information.

Keep up the good work!

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

jwfacts,

I do have one additional observation.

The Plagiarism section addresses an image found in the old Live Forever book that is also found on a German magazine cover. Your presentation suggests this image is somehow connected with Watchtower finding itself in trouble regarding its published illustrations. Based strictly on your article content, I don’t see anything necessarily wrong with how Watchtower used this image. My questions are:

- Did Watchtower use this image without permission? If so, how do we know this? Maybe this should be part of the article presentation.

- Is the fact that this woman went on to pose for Playboy and appear in raunchy movies what makes Watchtower’s use of this photo wrong? If so, how does this relate to plagiarism? Maybe this should be part of the article presentation.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit