May tv.jw.org program

by zophar 172 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

w1974 9/15 559
    The Kingdom Halls of this happy group are open to you and you may attend free of charge, without having to suffer embarrassment by a request for contributions or the passing of a collection plate.

w1971 8/15 506
    The emphasis in all giving among the Witnesses is that it must be voluntary and spontaneous, from the heart. In fact, ever since the earliest days of the modern witnesses of Jehovah it has been their policy that never should there be any passing of collection plates or similar solicitations for money.

w1962 5/1 278 How May I Contribute?
    Jehovah’s witnesses have never gone begging for finances.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

w59 5/1 p. 285

Sharing the Good News by Contributing Personally

Earth-wide, Jehovah’s witnesses are united in faith and in endeavor. This unity is evident in spiritual things and also in material things. They know that Proverbs 3:9 states: “Honor Jehovah with your valuable things and with the first fruits of all your produce.” Because every Branch, congregation and individual earnestly seeks to contribute to the welfare of all, the entire New World society is made spiritually strong and prosperous. Material prosperity does not lead to spiritual prosperity. Spiritual prosperity, however, does bring material prosperity sufficient for the needs of Jehovah’s work.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ok, here is that quote:

”Zion’s Watch Tower” has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: “All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,” fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication. - August 1879 Watchtower, p.2.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I tried to listen to Howdy Lett for a few minutes but can't do it. The man drives me insane
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The more I think about it the more it looks like men are specifically chosen to be GB members for their acting abilities..

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Kind of a mix between mr rodgers, and that boring science teacher from the wonder years.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And what is with those very strange witness people in the Estonia clip at the end??

WHAT IS WITH THE STUPID WAVING?????? A FEW BRAIN DEAD ZOMBIES INDEED......

• factfinder
    factfinder

There is definatly something wrong with Lett.

And this is an Historic Broadcast? Well, it is the first one to beg for money, perhaps it is a longer one so Lett can repeat his plea for more money ad nauseum.

Their worst broadcast by far.

And did anybody else notice that JW.org has replaced Watchtower on the France branch office bldgs?

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

The money beg and grab is startling, not unexpected, and reaffirms my perception that this organization is what it's always been, a publishing company. I agree with the posters that refer to early publication brags that Jehovah's backing this and will bring in the money or the publication will cease. I like the thought of the funds running out because all my family are in and I want them to wake up because I want them in my life. Even so, This stuff helps me shake the shadows of cognitive dissonance that creep up on rare occasion from a lifetime in the cult. I'm glad for it.

although, having been a very loyal believer for over 40 years, I can honestly say that I believe the GB to be honest hearted and sincere albeit terribly misguided and doctrinally at odds with obvious scriptural truth. Call them out for the scriptural error and Pharasaic BS, but don't stoop to personal assaults. You get what you give and become what you preach. You guys are free so use it to rise above. The golden rule still is a valid spiritual concept. The cartoons made me laugh though. But, I met him once at a CA and my kids had a photo with him. The man was very kind, warm, friendly and genuine. Please be more respectful.

did anyone see the George Carlin skit about the scam of religion? Super funny. Worth watching. I heard it recently when I watched Zeitgeist on Netflix. It's in the first half of the movie. Also, The religion stuff in that movie about Jesus is fascinating, how his birth totally correlates to the stars and positions including the three kings which can be directly connected to the 3 stars in Orion's Belt named the three kings. Check it out!

The the love of money is the root of all evil. Religion is a snare and a racket! Hmmmm I heard that somewhere before.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I couldn’t help but notice Lett’s mention of the word ‘NEVER’ early-on (around 8:00) in the May WT Broadcasting Video. I automatically associated Lett’s use of the word ‘NEVER’ with another instance in recent history of the use of that word:

“I have never had sex with Monica Lewinsky!” (President Bill Clinton)

Well, we all know that while Bill and Monica may not have had intercourse with each other, one thing is for certain….that Monica’s mouth was all over slick Willie’s joystick!

And now GB Stephen Lett’s use of the word ‘Never’:

“We have never solicited for funds…” (Governing Body Member Stephen Lett)

And, while WT doesn’t send out ‘monthly statements’ in the form of tithe reminders to individual JW members, they are known to send out numerous BOE letters badgering and hounding their 115,000 congregations for their monthly dues. And over the past couple of years millions of individual JW members have been pestered and pursued over filling out ‘Household Financial Surveys’ as a way of extracting monthly solicited funds from the rank and file.

So a message to Watchtower and their Governing Body….Never say never!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit