Who have you lost?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I lost my girlfriend when I left,,,,,,,we were aupposed to get engaged. It is a bit sad when I think about it..we were in love.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Oh loislane..I loved what you wrote! You have a way with words. You should be a writer! And I never thought about living in a paradise on earth now! What a great way to look at it. Free and enjoying life each and every day the way we choose. Life is good!

Darthweef...I'm on the same page with you. Good riddance to them. I was labled an apostate by my Mom when I asked her simple questions that had been bothering me...she asked me if I was looking at those internet sites that Satan used. I asked her why I couldn't have questions and put my faith to the test like the bible tells us too......she said the society does that for us She won't talk to me anymore and she won't even let me know if a family member has passed away. I want unconditional love........

Strawberry

• nugget
    nugget

I lost my older sister and my niece and nephew. I also have an on off relationship with my mother depending on what rubbish the watchtower has printed this week.

I have gained a better relationship with my Father and my sister in the US who was never a witness. I have increased my circle of affection to include non conditional friends. I have also gained a happier relationship with my own children. I have gained more than I lost since for years I had lost a real connection with some family members and didn't even realise it.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Children

Grandchildren

Siblings

Parents

Nieces /nephews

25 close family

I'm just inactive and outspoken

• WhoLovesMagic
    WhoLovesMagic

The only people I care about -- my parents.... at a time I needed them most!!!

My only sibling is considered a weak jw and too busy trying to survive the daily grind of life. She is non-judgemental and aware of my feelings. She accepts me no matter what I choose to believe.

All the other "friends" were collateral damage of fading... never had any true friends at the KH. All conditional based on me being a drone.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I lost a whole bunch of bullies, arrogant idiots, toxic relatives, and a few people who might have been friends if we had found ourselves in normal conditions.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I lost the only person that meant anything to me until a few years ago. My father. BUT...to death.

• clarity
    clarity

"long good bye emails sent to me, phone calls telling me

what a dispicable person I am, all within days"

This just makes my heart ache! So sorry you guys,

there must be something we can do about this!

>

You know, if these things were happening at our places

of work.... we would have some recourse!

>

No fellow workmate would be allowed to continue ....

shunning, silent treatment, spreading gossip &

slandering you, refusing to interact with you as a

team member! They would be before a Board!

>

Strange, that gods happy people with all their TRUTH,

are not as righteous as the "worldlies"!

>

I am in this LOSING process now too ... the solitude

gets a bit much, but at this point I am quite "brazen"

about the whole thing. I just feel like ... "you arses

are not gonna shun me without some retribution!"!

>

Oh yeah, all I have done is question, too .....well maybe

a little bit of cheek! But really...enough to get killed for?

>

Hang in .................

clarity

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

My mom and only sister. Not completely yet, but they did say it would be different, whatever the hell that means? I suppose if we lived closer than 22 hours by car apart, I would see a difference. If I got DF'd or DA'd myself, I wouldn't tell them.

Also one of my best friends I grew up with hasn’t talked to me since I told him EVERYTHING. I should have...

• Decided
    Decided

I'm not DA, just quit going about 35 years ago. I haven't said any bad things about the JWs to them except in an email to two of my first cousins. I lost them two ways, they wouldn't answer my emails anymore and they both died about a year or two after the emails.

All the other folks I new in the KH still talk to me when I meet them out in the stores etc.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit