About the 16 pg mags

by pontoon 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pontoon
    pontoon

Just flipped through the Feb Awake and the Feb 1 public Wat. First time since they went to 16 pages. My first impression was the large amount of blank space in both mags, really wasted space. I don't remember that from years ago. If they used all the blank space they could probably shrink the mags down to 10 or 12 pages.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Pontoon .....haven't opened one yet, omg

what a let down this would be for a uber dub!!

>

Actually I don't know what they would have to say..

they ran out of anything that made any sense

whatsoever........ years ago!

clarity

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They would be honest if they produced only blank pagews and said "Write your own doctrine, we haven't got a clue !"

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

Or a couple of blank pages at the back of the Tract-, Rag-, Pulp-, Mag- znie, like on the convention programs, "Points I Plan to use" Which could have just read, "Please Doodle here, Keep your snoring to a minimum and Donate"

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

According to the GB, the reason for less pages (and less content within the remaining pages) is so that the "Translating Teams" can translate these mags into even more languages.

(With over 130 years of practice in the art of deception, I still can't believe they weren't able to come up with a better lie than this)

• belbab
    belbab

Blank spaces?

I suspect that is to save on ink. Ink probably costs more than the paper. Randy Watters of Free Minds would know.

belab

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It's the cost of dumping large quantities of the printing chemicals that is problematic I believe

• processor
  • Pterist
    Pterist

I have not seen an Awake mag recently but if they go completely to online presentations at JW.ORG maybe they are testing "white space" important in web pages.

The Effective Use of White Space in Advertising and Presentation Design

BY JON, ON NOVEMBER 29TH, 2009

White space…also known as negative space. I've seen a few definitions, but basically it is the absence of anything. It's the area of a design that's COMPLETELY empty, and I love it. Don't you?

Please note: "White space" does not actually have to be the color white. It's simply empty space, which can represented by any color.

There is something so aesthetically pleasing about white space that it is used in nearly every PowerPoint or Keynote presentation I design. It creates a certain clarity and helps the audience focus on the important elements of the presentation.

Some of the best examples of white space I've found are in commercials. Check out this recent commercial for Wonderful® Pistachios:

• Pterist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit