We are in for a blizzard!

by coffee_black 41 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Just shovelled my driveway( MY door was blocked so deep) Came in took my shoes, coat off, looked out

the window ,it is all thick again cant see the driveway!!!!UGH!!!!

• d
    d

The snow is coming down but it is light. The snow will probably be heavy later on.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Closing up shop here in a few minutes....headed out.... we're most likely closed tomorrow. It's starting to come down pretty well now. May not have much internet access for a day or 2. Stay safe everyone!!!

Coffee

• d
    d

I am at home ready for this storm. rememeber charge all your appliances.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I hope you all are doing OK.

You guys on The East Coast have had a lot to contend with Sandy etc.

I am way over on The West Coast where it is more than likely we're the ones that will get the big rockin 'n rollin' earthquakes. I have emailed a few on the Board, my address, just in case we get The Big One. We won't get any prewarning. My daughter and I moved without letting our K.H. COBE know where we are. That doesn't scare me anymore.

Hope you all stay warm and cosy .

I'll be thinking about you.

Just Lois

• d
    d

The storm is basically over. We did not lose power in our area. I know some did. but we just have to shovel now and worry about the wind later on.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For fun hubby and I watched the weather come in on the Fenway Park Weather Cam. It looks like spring training is a few weeks away.

• tiki
    tiki

coffe-black - we're in the 2 foot area to the west of ya! boston got bombed with wind - yikes! but seriously, the media does over-kill on these storms....it's new england - we know what snow and wind and the montreal express are all about!!

it is nice and light and fluffy and easy to relocate, though....:)

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Just got power back about an hour ago. 2 feet of snow here...and very heavy. The worst was the lack of power...no heat....and temps went down into the single digits. Sipping hot coffee and counting my blessings.

car

This is my Honda Fit..... before it was cleaned off.... but the driveway was cleared.

Coffee

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well I hope all you guys got through that OK , for those of you who lost power under those conditions it would be scary stuff.That is something australians in general don`t have to contend with except maybe those who choose to live in alpine regions , all we have to contend with is floods and bushfires , oh and the occasional cyclone.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit