Conversation with my JW co-worker!

by Kool Jo 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

funny how she never once rrally listenned to what u said. She was just looking for a verbal clue to jump in with what she wanted to say to begin with. I would show her the Conti verdict and ask her opinion.

• tiki
    tiki

congrats KoolJo - you are a RV!!

i find the comment that JW's take child abuse more seriously to be offensive. how in the world can anyone make a blanket statement like that (aside from doing so out of sheer ignorance). no one has barometers that gauge levels of how "seriously" individuals or groups take it. suffice to say (silence of the lambs) jw's track record of taking this terrible societal problem "seriously" is quite quite poor.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Has she talked w/other coworkers about JWism? Then, could you anonymously leave a copy on her desk inconspicuously of the "Pamphlet" on jwfacts.com?

Since she's the one bringing up things about her religion there at work. The pamphlet at least may keep her from bringing up her crazy religion.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

She sounds young and idealistic. Problem: No one can keep that pace up for long. Late nights, early mornings. She has already complained to you, (your a safe person to complain to) She is headed for a big crash.

• Wonka
    Wonka

Joel Kool,

Hey bud, I'm in a similar situation. Or was, kind'a still am.. It's a long story..

But DON'T run! What an awesome opportunity you have to help this woman. And especially if you kind'a sort'a like her. But Phizzy is correct. Keep your feelings in check. ( Unlike my situation )

And it is an art. A skill I've been learning with the aid of some people on this forum and other sources. Thank you all very much!

You being in at one point with the Jdub's is a plus. You understand the mind set, you understand the teachings and you understand the constraints she's under. You also understand where you can poke hole's and plant seeds of doubt in her logic. But do so in love, kindness and be gentle. No need to be a sphincter about it. lol

Whatever bad taste you have in your mouth about the WT, shouldn't be directed at her. You know what I mean? And I know you know that. So be kind, gentle and use an approach that will let her see things on her own. But don't run away! Don't give up.

ruderedhead is correct. Use what you know to "witness" to this witness.

And I personally would reconsider knocking all religion. But I suppose if it means getting her out of the WT, all else is manageable later on.

Good luck. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Hi, this is what I think. I noticed that there is something about the girl that you like, and there's nothing wrong with that. You should check if she speaks to all male colleagues about "the truth". If not, then it may be one of two things with you;

1) she is attracted to you and she wants to see if you may be interested in the "truth" and so see you as a good prospect for her.

2) she is attracted to you, and she mentioned it to a JW friend, and this JW friend reminded how dangerous is going into an unequal yoke and the way of walking away from you is telling you about her beliefs. That way she keeps you away.

If she pleases you, be a gentleman, be friendly, be nice and pay attention a lot about details with her. Maybe so you can win her heart and she sends al CARAJO this cult. The first consultation is free. For the next one I accept Pay pal.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Good day everyone & thanks for the feedback. Today was a really hectic day, so never got to continue the conversation with my JW coworker. I think it’s also a good idea not to do it daily, but to take things slow and see what happens!

We had a brief interchange at work today, but nothing to do with JWism…it went like this:

Kool Jo: Hello my dear, hope you’re feeling better today?

JW coworker: (as she looks up from her keyboard) Oh wow Kool Jo, I like your haircut & you shaved too…you look really handsome today!

Kool Jo: Thank you, I’ve been doing some thinking & hope we can chat some other time as today is shaping up to be a very busy day, so we’ll catch up another time.

JW coworker: Sure thing Kool Jo…by the way, here’s my mobile number, email address & skype address.

Kool Jo: I appreciate it, I’ll be sure to keep in touch, even if I leave this current location!

JW coworker: Sounds great Kool Jo, have a great day!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

- There are some things she told me about herself: she lives with her grandma, her parents are divorced & she & her grandma are the only ones who are JW’s in the family. So I ask her daily how her grandma is doing and finding out what her interests/hobbies are…she loves poetry!

- She mentioned she’ll have more time to speak to me in February since she’ll have more free time outside of work…I think she was pioneering in January because she’d take her magazine folder with her to work, but I didn’t see it today. She usually does magazine work before & after work.

- I’m going to take things slow with her + still being respectful and a gentleman, I can dispel the thought that all “worldly” people of the opposite sex want is just sex!

@lovelylil: It’s true…as someone looking in; I can see how absurd it sounds getting “witnessed” to.

@ TaterT: I’m going to hold off from a frontal attack…I’m going to be gentle with her, since she seems very emotional.

@Listener: The conti case will appeal to her I think…because she LOVES children & tell me how the kids at her KHall call her auntie! She asked if I had kids & I told her no….then she asked if I plan to. I told her maybe not…and she asked how comes? I told her it’s a very serious responsibility and not yet ready!

@rudderhead: I definitely think doing things gradually is the best way…thanks for the advice!

@Phizzy: You’re correct, it’s easy to just make a big hit on her now that I’m armed with all the information I now have access to, but will raise just a couple points with her at a time.

@Abiblestudent: Good points that ought to get her thinking!

@return of parakeet: LOL…it’s just that some of the elders in this side of town frown on the idea of going to concerts because it’s “bad association”.

@Aussie: Correct…JW tactic to avoid what the householder is saying & carry on anyway!

@pickler & William penwell: Yes, she’s getting her time in…and so am I!!! I saw her making some notes when I was asking her the questions I mentioned above!

@Lois: I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted! She’s just doing her job in “witnessing” to everyone.

@punkofnice: I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter…I feel so sorry for this young lady and I just met her recently! I’m hoping she eventually come around…it will be a lot of work though!

@whahappened: I’ll be asking her a couple things before the conti case, but I hope the conti case will get her thinking because she loves children very much!

@tiki: despite the news coverage, many JW’s are still ignorant of the verdict and the case itself…very unfortunate!

@gayle: not a bad idea, however, I think it would become obvious eventually that I was the one who placed the JW pamphlet there. The female employees are the ones who primarily take the literature &will ask her a couple questions here and there…so I’d probably be the first male to show some interest in her religion.

@Roberta804: She does seem tired, how can you do magazine work prior to & after work?!?!?! It seems she won’t be pioneering in February, so I guess she’ll feel less tired and stressed.

@wonka: I’m not running at all…unless she tries to convert me, but I hope I get to help her!

@wolfman: Thanks for the consultation…next time I’ll give you a fat paycheck!!! Those 2 statements you made are quite possible, and actually thought of point #1.

So I told her on Monday, I’ll get back to her…we’ll see what happens & keep ya’ll posted!

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Peace

Kool Jo

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think this seriously conflicted woman wants to turn you in to her dream guy! The closer you get to the Witness ideal, the hotter you will look to her. Poor thing.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@jgnat: if that's the direction she's heading, then I'll know to back down and limit conversing with her!

Peace

Kool Jo

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Kool Joe, Just a couple of links to upcoming legal cases against the WTBTS:

Also, you can use Google News to locate other news stories of lawsuits against the WTBTS (i.e., search for Jehovah's Witnesses lawsuit) and news stories about recent Roman Catholic monsignors, bishops, and cardinals, who protected pedophile priests more than parishioners.

Peaceb be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit