Conversation with my JW co-worker!

by Kool Jo 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

" She attends various concerts…Celine Dion, ect "

She's not only a braindead dub, she's possessed by the Devil too. Look at the music she likes! Celine Dion???

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you really are Cool Kool Jo ! you are taking just the right approach to help her to think, nothing threatening at all in what you say, I would keep it that way.

It is so easy to fall in to the trap of scoring a "win" by exposing some JW/WT false teaching or evil, such as child abuse, and then you blow your cover, and maybe do not convince them on that point.

The art is to get them to think and question for themselves, I think you are doing well, keep it up. The young lady obviusly has a pre-cult personanlity, work on that too, find out about her life and thoughts before she became a J.W, however young she was, what did she enjoy then ?

Just one caveat, don't fall in love with her until you have got her out ! years of heartache could be yours if she is not really free.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sounds like she was rehearsing a part for a convention demo...

Oz

total avoidance of everything you had to say

• Black Sheep
  • besty
    besty
    Tell her that you heard Fred Franz giving a speech on the internet and that you think he has a distinguished speaking voice. Then play her F Franz talking up 1975 at the District Convention.

genius.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey Kool Jo, it sounds like she is getting some field service time in at work.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hey Kool Jo, it sounds like she is getting some field service time in at work.

You know she was counting the time.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is interesting. I hope you will keep us posted.

It is so weird knowing TTATT and hearing how your Co-worker is trying to explain it to you.

You know she is a sweet-heart and trying her hardest, give her points for that.

Just Lois

• Fernando
    Fernando

Maybe you could ask her to explain what the gospel is in one word?

(It is a message - even often described as such in their own magazines).

This is a great way for her to choose to redflag her ignorance of spirituality 101.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Glad you handled it like you did. I wonder how many FS hours and return visits she counted.

My daughter is much the same as this young lady. Uber JW but also a real person depending upon which personality is required. However, loyalty to the organization(R) over rides logic and life.

There are so many things wrong with the WBT$ it's hard to know where to begin and how. Just keep it low key. Ask the odd bombshell question with stealth.

I hope she wakes up. Looking forward to her first post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit