Dunkin Donuts........... is anything made there anymore????

by DaCheech 27 Replies latest social relationships

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My kids were good yesterday, so I promised them that I would get them dunking donuts in the morning on the way to dropping them off to school.....

On the highway, there is a gas station convenience store with a corner dunkin donuts.............. they usually have everything there.

well my kids could not have their donuts, or muffins, or croissants............... they were not delivered I guess.

So, I left.

I went to another dunkin donuts 3 miles away............. and the same problem.

The other dunkin donuts was a dedicated dunkin only place!!!

There's no baking in the place anymore!!!!

what are we coming to!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The last time I saw a Dunkin Donuts was in Indiana. Never went there for a donut. I like mom and pop donut places, you know the locally owned places with a bakery in back you can see them bake and glazed the pastries. And I abhor Krispy Kreme.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I prefer my little German bakery

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And I abhor Krispy Kreme.

DITTO!

But it was the rage a few years ago.

Doc

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah and I had one. Wasn't impressed. Couldn't see or taste what the fuss was all about.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Krispy Kremes are only good when they're hot and fresh.

My local Dunkin has a kitchen in the back, but maybe that's only for their sandwiches. Whatever happened to Fred? "Time to make the donuts!"

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Krispy Kremes are only good when they're hot and fresh.

My local Dunkin has a kitchen in the back, but maybe that's only for their sandwiches. Whatever happened to Fred? "Time to make the donuts!"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well finished here now preferred them to KK, same Wendys

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

if you are lucky enough to have local bakerys in your town, check them out. we have several here and they make crazy huge donuts and pasteries. way better than DD, although nothing beats warm crispy creme right out of the oven. sadly all the crispy creme stores in my area are gone.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

At least Krispy Kreme makes them on site. If you get one that is still warn, because it has just been made, I think they are really good, if you buy them at the convenience store, not so much. They have a sign that tells you if they have been just made. I have heard they use potato starch in them, which gives them that melt in your mouth taste. I've never had a Dunkin Donut, so I can't compare, I don't think we have them on the West Coast. Either way they are not very good for you, so I have them maybe twice a year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit