Republican Party is pretty much done!

by free2beme 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Republican party is really going have to remove itself from its white American religiously avowed demographic

before it regains some support from the greater population again.

They tried to win the white house by posing a poster boy which stereotypes that image by using Romney and it was a monumental failer.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I actually doubt a Republican will be President again, and feel sorry for any man or woman who runs on that ticket.

Romney got 40 million in the popular vote. I guarantee there's someone with enough charisma to do better than that who will show up sooner or later. It's just the law of averages here. And people are frustrated with the current situation; it's just that Romney didn't do a good enough job of convincing enough of the right people that he had a better idea. He kept saying stupid things that buried his credibility, so that didn't help, either. A Republican candidate who's more careful and more charismatic will have no problem winning in 2016.

--sd-7

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

who needs a republican president, when they're gonna gain alot of seats in the house?

• Pterist
    Pterist

UPDATE: 3:11 p.m. -- The Senate will reform the filibuster within the next day and a half -- whether Republicans go along or not, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday afternoon.

"I hope that within the next 24 to 36 hours we can get something we agree on. If not, we're going to move forward on what I think needs to be done," Reid told reporters. "The caucus will support me on that," he added.

He specified that he has the 51 votes he needs to proceed on a Democratic plan, indicating he's willing to pursue the "constitutional option" of changing the rules without the usual two-thirds vote. Previously, a number of senior Democrats had professed reluctance to change the rules with a simple majority, saying they feared it would set a dangerous precedent. Opponents have called the tactic the "nuclear option."

The sudden deadline puts fresh pressure on the GOP to get on board, and Reid said he and his staff have been negotiating with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), as recently as Tuesday.

Earlier, Reid had said the Senate would tackle the rules reform after passing Superstorm Sandy aid.

Previously:
    Filibuster reform will be the top item on the U.S. Senate's agenda after dealing with delayed aid for the victims of Superstorm Sandy, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) pledged Tuesday.

"Once we complete that vital legislation, the Senate will take action to make this institution that we all love, the United States Senate, work more effectively," Reid said, calling for an end to the uncompromising legislative style that has driven hundreds of filibusters in recent years.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

free2beme, you do it the right way. Look at what they offer and decide what you like best. The partisan BS of both the Democrats and the Republicans is irritating. My guy can do no wrong. Their guy can do no right. It seems to be getting worse and worse and the people in the middle find themselves without someone to fully lend their support.

• moshe
    moshe

I hope Obama is ready to go to work now- he was sure enjoying himself at his party last night- gangnam dance off with Usher. - must be a democratic, check2cheek hug-

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** gangnam dance off with Usher. - must be a democratic, check2cheek hug-****

Lets hope the poor guy is not a Republician or he will be shunned and castigated, like a JW cult ..right Charlie Crist !

• designs
    designs

The expression on Mitch McConnell's face today- Priceless

• Pterist
    Pterist

Did boo-hoon-er cry ? LOL

• designs
    designs

Republicans ended up with 40,000,000 Not My President flyers, now what

Share this

Google+
Pinterest