Question to re-instated ones or those who know them

by ItsMyLife 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

I reason I got DFed was that I truly regretted what I did and wanted to repair my relationship with God. Therefore I went to the elders and confessed. Big mistake.

Once I learned TTATT, I decided to get reinstated because I missed friends and family, and wanted to share what I learned.

• gone for good
    gone for good

My kids who are still in, are the ones that want me to 'fake it' back in.

Shunning is not just difficult for those kicked out, but for those in as well.

If it were just a matter of a single meeting, and tickling some ears, I would do it.

I've even come to admire the pragmatic way the Catholics dispatch sin, and penance so efficiently with a wing and a prayer, and let people simply reset their lives to their pre-sin parameters.

But I've already wasted too much of my life in their cult, and I haven't got another brain cell to sacrifice to their drivel.

• AnneB
    AnneB

There's another category to consider:

c.) People who were disfellowshipped treacherously (didn't do the wrong they were charged with or anything remotely similar) and who aim for reinstatement because they still aren't aware of TTATT.

There's actually nothing wrong with their relationship with God, so it doesn't really need repairing. (Speaking from the JW perspective here.) These people are willing to be reinstated so they can continue in field service with the group, etc. It's not for social reasons, and they don't have any real offense in the first place, they're just....true believers!

• perfect1
    perfect1

Fake it till you make it.

Or so I hear.

Anyway the fam doesnt exactly welcome back with open arms, if their ubers like mine.

• rowan
    rowan

family obviously. I dropped them like a hot potato the moment they did the announcement.

• pixel
    pixel

This religion is sick. I swear it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit