Former Bethelites, please settle this argument

by Resistance is Futile 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

50% men and 50% women?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jake,

I lived in a co-ed dorm. Sometimes I walked past Bethel when I worked in the neighorhood. It must have been during factory shift times. Thousands of men were on the streets. It looked very weird. I did notice any women.

It was my dream to work at Bethel. Since I did not want to do laundry, i worked hard on my clerical skills, hoping to slave for a respectable brother.

Within a few short years, my goal changed to being a secretary for the Beatles, which I imagined was a much harder job to get.

My thought was that Bethel men were above wanting women. Altho I was told I could not bring home a Bethelite to marry b/c their morals were so loose compared to KH brothers.

Oh, the status of a Bethel brother. No woman can approach the status of having a penis. It is sweet to hear that you did want women. The sisters desperately wanted you.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Not even close. Its a total sausage fest at the headquarters. I would say 80-90 percent and that is being generous.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^Forgot to mention, single women need not apply to begin with.

• Open mind
    Open mind

For years the only way a single woman could expect to become a Bethelite on her own was if she was a Doctor, Lawyer, Nurse, Architect or Engineer. And we all know how Kingdom Halls are just FLOODED with that particular demographic.

I knew of one young sister who got her RN degree, was called to Bethel and served for a while. In the ensuing Nurse Glut, she was asked to leave so that a Bethel Brother could have his soon-to-be-bride RN brought in to take her place.

Guys rule. Girls drool.....at Bethel.

om

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

lol, The few unmarried young ladies that were at Bethel proper (Brooklyn) in the 80's were generally commuters that did not live there but helped for a couple days a week in certain select departments. It was highly competetive and unless the gal was quite unpleasant she usually became married before long. I'd say that at least 90% were single guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit