Hello

by sherry11 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sherry11
    sherry11

Hi

I have been lurking here for a few months now. I did lurk a few years ago as well. I would like to introduce myself. I left the org in 1994... in early days of net round 1999 I discovered I had been involved with a cult.

What brought me back to that conclusion was I had been reading stuff on Scientology. It reminded me of my past. I discovered i was looking into the mirror glass.

Call me 'Sherry' I am from Australia a witness in Sydney Australia from 1984 to 1992

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

G'day Sherry. Your timeframe is similar to mine. I left around '94 as well. I lurked here for a while too. I spent a lot of time in Sydney. Welcome.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hi sherry11. Welcome!

What made you leave the org? Did you DA or get DF'd? Can you share some of your story with us?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Loz x

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hi sherry! Ive also been lurking around this site for a few weeks, reading that your from Sydney has prompted me to post for the first time and say hi!

I was a witness until 1991 and I live in Sydney also.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Sherry.

Often seeing the comparison with other cults can be a bit of a shock for JWs.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to JWN...

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hi again Sherry, reading all this information about the witnesses on this site has really brought the past back for me also.

When I left I never questioned the witness beliefs, just knew I couldn't live in it.

Never thought of it as a cult, but it obviously is.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Sherry,

It is very nice to have you here among us tonight.

Looking forward to hearing more of your story.

Just Lois

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome Sherry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit