Rock Center 1/17/2013 Expose on Scientology drew JW similarities

by RagingBull 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

Good work! I hope it finds success. What we need is a celebrity defection!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I noticed in Entertainment Weekly they had a review about the book that's come out on Scientology. I didn't even realize it was the same guy who wrote that excellent article about Paul Haggis in The New Yorker. Glad to hear the show was enlightening. May have to watch a recap of it if I have a chance.

--sd-7

• Mum
    Mum

Cults are all the same. It is not just Scienology that has similarities to the JW's; there are many others.

We are free, and allow ourselves to be duped into slavery. So sad.

Regards,

SandraC

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Raging Bull - I hear ya about sending an email to RC, but that show is struggling to keep their head above water.

Btw remember the Dateline segment almost ten years ago, I have a feeling we're the only ones that get excited about stuff like that. I think that if a really MAJOR, major lawsuit involving pedofiles or the blood issue came to the light, that would probably put them in the public's eye. I know the Conti case made some newspapers, but as far as shaking folks up regarding the Borg, nothing's happened.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Btw remember the Dateline segment almost ten years ago, I have a feeling we're the only ones that get excited about stuff like that.

Speaking as someone who was a JW almost ten years ago, let me tell you, that Dateline segment rattled me to the core. It kind of added further to my realization that probably if I delved into researching things, I'd find out it wasn't true and get in trouble with my mom. I know I was plenty scared to go out in the recruitment work after that one aired. It took several more years before I left, but even back then, I did visit the Silent Lambs website. So it did have an effect. Maybe not a Borg-busting effect, but it was still felt.

--sd-7

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

don't worry, I've sent Elders letters and links to various articles about property-selling, pedophiles, the blood issue, contradiction from WT articles, links of youtube vids to more places... CNN, MSNBC, FOXnews, CBS, our local news where I live, the New Yorker magazine and I'm still not done. Trying to get in touch with some docu-directors and an old school-mate who's now a producer for FOX (American Idol, and Fox Sports) to see if he can give me any further direction. BBC's Panorama is another one.

To be continued.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, imagine a follow-up expose on JWs comparing them to Scientologists.

Too much fun!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow, just wow.

So much of that could have been about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Maybe not the dungeon part, but then I've never been to Bethel so maybe they've got one there too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit