JWs have not "disfellowshipped" anyone publicly in several years

by RayPublisher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

If you want to get technical, JWs have not "disfellowshipped" anyone publicly in several years. They stopped saying,

"Joe Blow has been disfellowshipped." years ago, and changed it to

"Joe Blow is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

So lucky Mr. Blow could actually walk up and say to a Dubb, "It was never announced that I was DFed, you can still talk to me..."

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Technically true, but doesn't matter at all; they've said neither and my own brother won't talk to me anyway, simply because of a percieved "weakness."

• Pterist
    Pterist

They have a pure "language" subliminal to avoid law suits, but understood by the R&F to actions "disassociate" in this case, as they destroy the reputation of any dissenters.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

They do this so JWs can't make the distinction between those who leave the truth from those who are expelled for wrongdoing...both groups end up getting shunned regardless of their actions. The other tactic the WTS uses to avoid holding a judicial commitee is to ask the sinner if he wishes to disassociate, blurring the line between ones who wish to avoid judicial action and those who simply don't want to have anything to do with the JWs. We all know that everyone will find out through gossip if one was disfellowshipped or if he disassociated...and in the latter case they will conclude the person sinned and didn't want help from the elders.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Since 1980, a JW has to shun the DAed as well as the DFed, so it doesn't matter. And it appears with the 2013 Yearbook, there is a subtle encouragement to shun those who are inactive as well. JWs are more afraid of the DAed than the DFed.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@Londo - The shunning of inactive ones is already happening- I had a sister call me up a few weeks ago bc her family said they would no longer associate with her bc she hasn't been to KH lately...it's sickening.

What's the quote from the 2013 YB?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Page 55:

Later that day, during lunch, Katty, an inactive

deaf Witness, approached Gabriela to ask about

the convention. Gabriela replied frankly: “It was

beautiful! But now as a baptized Witness, I want to

stay faithful to Jehovah. So I must let you know

that I can’t be your friend anymore because you live

an unclean life. Being your friend can affect my

friendship with God. You need to change. It’s important

to pray to Jehovah and also to talk with

the elders. I know you can change for the better.”

Thanks to Gabriela’s forthright but loving admonition,

Katty talked with the elders, received spiritual

help, and became active in theministry once again.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hmmm so the implication is that inactive ones live "unclean lives" and active JWs should not be friends with inactive JWs...

S

I

C

K

• Londo111
    Londo111

From what I understand, individual traveling overseers have encouraged this from the platform, but there was never anything in print.

When I was a JW, I would have said these things are just a rogue CO or DO giving their individual opinion. But what I would not have understood is that these traveling overseers have their finger on the pulse of the Governing Body.

Of course, things are said that never make it to print, and the Society can have plausible deniability and their PR spokesmen can say to the press that these are individual decisions made by each JW, not organizational policy. Lies and spin.

What is more devious is that the Society knows how to say things between the lines. I’m sure when the part of the service meeting comes up to discuss the 2013 Yearbook, this experience will be brought up.

• zeb
    zeb

G. could never have said this. The structure of the sentences and the wording is male. and as the sentences are all too short for male in general given the situation i have to conclude he is suffering from heart disease.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit