Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I try to keep my hands clean regularly and stay away from areas and people that I know are sick.

I have never gotten a flu shot and I do know that many that do get one, get the flu anyway.

Still, the flu is considered very very bad this year.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Always get the flu shot. Missed maybe a week of work through winter. I don't think I got this flu.

Double whammy of flu and norovirus has Alberta hospitals over capacity...

Long ago, I got a flu shot, and had the flu shortly thereafter. I never got another flu shot. There is some evidence out there that flu shots can actually be harmful to your health. If you're interested in reading more about this, here's a link: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/01/flu-vaccine-and-its-side-effects.aspx

Edited to add: I am almost never sick because I take really good care of my health. I eat well and exercise regularly, and have done so for all of my adult life and some of my childhood as well. I am very strict about this and I am very happy with the healthy result.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I silently sing a nursery rhyme when I wash my hands to make sure it is long enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7mMcQTznxg

And I shake my hands twelve times before drying with a doubled-up towel.

http://www.ted.com/talks/joe_smith_how_to_use_a_paper_towel.html

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I got mine, same as I did last year, I ended up in Hospitel the Winter before that with a terrible chest infection. I haven't had a chest problem since, but as with all such preventative medicine, how do you know it works ?

I just think, why not ? the risks of having the jab are low, not being able to breathe is not much fun, neither is hospital, so why not ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

My ole man had to get his at the start of the season because of where he work, Me and my daughter

got ours last thursday

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The worse flu season I ever had was the one where I took a flu shot.

Never had a shot since and have not gotten the flu since.

Sure I get little colds here and there, they never last more than a day.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Never get it, since You need to sign a disclaimer if it were to KILL you. I'm already border line germaphobic as follows:

1)Using paper towels to turn off taps and open doors in bathrooms.
    2)Avoiding finger food that is placed in communal serving dishes e.g. potato chips.
    3)Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer after shaking hands or simply refusing to shake

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I have had the flu shot only once in my whole life, it nearly killed me, so I will NEVER EVER EVER get another flu shot again. I have only had the flu ONCE in my whole life, and it was because of the flu shot.

• minimus
    minimus

It's best to carry alcohol treated hand wipes vs. soap and water because you can still catch things in those nasty restrooms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit