What are the job interview questions that you have been asked in the past? How did you answer them?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have been asked what my weaknesses were. Be careful with that one, I usually said something like "I sometimes take my job too seriously"'. You have to be careful, you can't just BS and say something untrue unless you are a very good liar, but you don't want to give them a reason not to hire you.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Questions I can recall being asked:

"What are the three best attributes you bring to the table?"

"What are your three biggest weaknesses?"

"If I asked your previous employer about you, how would they talk about you?"

They also asked to cite examples where I've displayed certain traits or qualities.

Good luck on your interview!

• moshe
    moshe
    What are your three biggest weaknesses?

Gun Shows

Karaoke night

Bowling

---

howd I do?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The thing to do is to put together your best resume. Switch it around a bit, and then change the name on it. Put it out on Dice and spam some jobs in localities you never plan on moving to and then sit back and practice interviewing over the phone.

When you do go to the REAL interview with your REAL name, no one need know but that you have HOURS of experience in the interview blender.

You'll be SWELL!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Iamallcool - I'm happy for you, and I'll be rooting for you to get the job. A couple of tips:

- take your time, think about the question, and don't start offering all kinds of extra or unnecessary information. (I always start babbling and blow it!)

- If something is unclear, don't be afraid to ask for clarification.

- if they ask you what your weakness is, phrase it as a strength, or as something you are working on. i.e. "I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I often work too hard to make sure the job is done right."

- if they ask a behavioural question like CADskin's examples and the one I gave above, make sure you also explain the skills you used to resolve the problem. i.e. "Although I had difficulty with a co-worker, I tried to see things from their perspective and we were able to work together to resolve the problem, and our teamwork produced a better outcome." Stuff like that.

I always have several prepared scenarios for the "tell me about a time you..." type questions. Like the time you solved a problem, or went above and beyond the call of duty, or confronted a difficult situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit