Singing Listen, Obey & Be Blessed

by gingerbread 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Recently attended the Sunday meeting during the C.O.'s visit. At the end of the final talk, he says the song will be 'Listen, Obey and Be Blessed'. Then he asks all the young folks to come on the stage with their song books and to lead the congregation into the song. The stage filled with kids... and also parents & grandparents holding very little ones. Everyone sings! Some phones are raised above heads to record the kids, etc. on stage. Some adults in the audience are singing with tears streaming down their cheeks.

Has anyone experienced this event at the local hall during a recent C.O. visit? I've heard about it happening during "get togethers". Is it becoming the thing to do since jw.org released the video of the annual meeting?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Seems, they are going a little bit churchy - the childrens choir concept.

S

• cofty
    cofty

Sounds like something from "The Stepford Wives".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sounds like people are just about to snap. That just creeped me out

• dazed but not confused
  • tiki
    tiki

wow....reminds me of the convention in the 30's where they released the "Children" book and they had the kids sitting up front and then they lined up to get their copy from the judge....

sounds like a ploy to get the kiddies to feel involved, which will endear the org to them.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s always Bait and Switch in Watchtower World..

Listen,Obey & Be Blessed..

Get Screwed..

irl-fan-directv-subscriber1.jpg

........................ mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Before the release of "Listening to the Great Teacher" in the '70's, we were all asked to come down and sit in front of the the stage for the talk. During the talk we all received our own "personal" copy of the release. I'm guessing that most of my generation - at least in the US - retain that "special" talk in our memories. Maybe the WTS is attempting (or encouraging) to redo a similar experience for all the current unbaptised children....in the local halls.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Mental control,..

Now when the kids hear and or sing that song they will remember that day when "they got invited by the CO to come ON STAGE to sing this song and mommy and daddy were so proud of me, they were actually crying, I will never forget this for as long as I shall live on this side of the big A cause Jehovah will not let me remember seeing tears on that side"

Creating strong memories to keep them loyl to the Borg.

NJY

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Smacks of NLP to me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit