Jw;s like family

by d 23 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

I was wondering do you ever miss certain jw's? I mean not all but just some, becuase even though we may rant and rave against Jw's at times. We have to remeber that for those that were born in the jw's theywere like family.Which is why it is so hard at for me to let go completely.

Although I have been out for about 5 yrs and it feels good. I still think about those that I know that are still in.

How about you? How do you those on this forum feel?

• BroMac
    BroMac

I can understand how you feel, while I am still in, there are friends I have had all my life that will never wake up unless an atomic bomb drops into their spiritual paradise. I just hope that I can stillhave some kind of friendship when I fade out. some. anything at all.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes , there are those who I missed, but I now realize that

the friendship was based on a condition. And because of

that condition that friendship wasn't ginuine

all who left this religion have now realized that

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"there are those who I missed, but I now realize that the friendship was based on a condition"

That's why I just say "I wonder what "so and so" is up to now, instead actually missing an old friend, I just wonder for the nosiness factor

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

(((D))), I also was a born-in and was in for 48 yrs as such. I can honestly say that I don't miss any of them as they have thrown me under the bus when I was Df'd. I have found it helpful to just get out there and make new friends who will accept you for 'who' you are as an individual and not 'what' you are ie: a JW. It helps to remember that these are/were conditional friends only.

I wish you well in your healing process, as it truly is a process that takes time.Leslie

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Not one, in fact I would go so far as to say that I am glad, glad, glad, that I never ever have to associate with them again.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Sure I miss certain ones ,but I have come to realize their friendship was not based on anything substantial otherwise they would still be my friend no matter what .

I live in a small town and I see some of our former JW 'friends' around town at the grocery store ect . I always greet them with a smile ,a wave , and a hello . Some respond back with a mumbled hello then look down at the floor and walk on by ,I truly feel sorry for them . Others look through me as if I do not exist ,I do not feel sorry for those types .

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Yes there are jws I missed greatly. Though they looked with eager anticipation to the coming of the new order, they have now fallen asleep in death. The jws I know who are living are nothing like my former friends. My former friends, even some elders, questioned info from the WTS and promoted multi-cong gatherings. I miss them greatly.

• d
    d

I do friends outside the Jw's but I still think about those that are still in.I also think about that left and I have not heard from since.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I am still in, but have kind of made my intentions known. I am fortunate that my friends have not felt as though they had to leave me or treat me differently. Wether it holds up is another thing alltogether.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit