I've just been 'Outted' by my own sister

by Newly Enlightened 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I thought that we could just fade away peacefully, but I guess my mother told my sister that we no longer wanted to be Jehovah's Witnesses so now all hell is breaking loose.

It's a relief tho. I feel really sad and upset also, because my mom lives with my sister and now has been forbidden from contacting me or vice versa. Just when I was getting my mom to see the real truth within the cult we know as JW's.

Ironic thing about all of this tho, is that my sister's son who was raised JW, but has been reluctant to get baptized is now e-mailing my daughter and asking questions about the real truth behind the WTB$

• minimus
    minimus

It's too bad the religion is so divisive.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nothing stopping you from quietly contacting your mom. Does she have her own cell phone?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

No, she doesn't. But my daughter suggested it to her. So we'll see. I know alot of you out there have been in this spot and I know its difficult for anyone who was never a JW to understand the mind frelling they do to everyone, so that even your OWN family turns on you like a pack of wolves.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Your mom is a person with rights. if you have reason to believe someone is holding her against her will and/or refusing her to contact you, you should be able to call the authorities to check up on her, alone. The Department of Children and Family Services and/or the police is a good starting place.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Great idea! And call the local news channel and let them go along

• jgnat
    jgnat

Get a cell phone with a keyboard so she can text. It's great how we can text anywhere these days and no-one is the wiser.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Family is not sacred in the organization. See some of my last two posts for examples.

You can't make people see what they don't want to. I preferr the path of least resistance and have made my way out.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Your Mother has rights ! Authorities could explain to her and your sister that just because she is elderly does not make her a prisoner of your sisters.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

sorry.

Get mom a phone on your family plan or a new "pad" device so she can Skype AND read JWN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit