California TV Personality Huell Howser Dead at Age 67

by kurtbethel 44 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, that's sad to hear, dear KB (peace to you!). He'll be missed. I learned a lot about California's "treasures" watching his show.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Dagney
    Dagney

"Cawl-li-foor-nia Gooold"

We love you Huell. We learned so much about our beautiful state. RIP.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg, no! I love that show!

RIP Huell

• eva luna
    eva luna

Terrible! I love this Big Happy Man.

I just watched a show about the Pismo Beach Clams, they're bigger than a fist. I've learned so much about my State from him.

Very Sad...

• designs
    designs

Road Trips won't be the same, RIP buddy.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I loved his over the top corn pone "golly gee shucks" delivery as he explored the back roads and outer reaches of the California I know and live in. He was originally from Tennessee, but I and many others consider him to be one of California's adopted sons.

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

That's a great picture of him, kneeling over a patch of wildflowers in bloom at the Antelope Valley Wildflower Preserve.

What a true sweetheart of a man, the living embodiment of the message of Elohim through exploration of a State that abounds with natural beauty that he was able to share with many in the Nation, via PBS. What a wonderful life...

Ps some may not have known that Huell was openly gay, and hence destined to die at Armageddon (per JW's YHWHist doctrines). Who is the bad guy again, exactly, such men as Huell, or those fervently praying for the destruction of such a positive force in the World?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Ps some may not have known that Huell was openly gay, and hence destined to die at Armageddon (per JW's YHWHist doctrines). Who is the bad guy again, exactly, such men as Huell, or those fervently praying for the destruction of such a positive force in the World?

I don't know that he was openly gay. There was no mention of this on his official site, or the wiki entry on him. I saw a few internet claims by anonymous people who said he was gay. My "gaydar" pinged a bit when I saw him, but since he chose to be private about who and how he loved, I respect his privacy and did not give that much more thought. I hope that whoever he shared his life with brought him much happiness and fulfillment, just as he enriched many people by documenting and sharing his road trip adventures.

• I quit!
    I quit!

This is a nice tribute to Huell by Gustavo Arellano of the OC Weekly. It give you an idea of what kind of person he was off camera.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/01/huell_howser_dead.php

He'll really be missed around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit