Do some GB know the truth about the truth?

by Bob_NC 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hermano
    Hermano

As a whole the GB are captives of a concept. The problem is groupthink is woven into the fabric of the organization. And I suspect, at this point the Organization has a life of its own that is bigger than any one person or group within it.

What would happen if by some miracle the GB all simultaneously realized that it’s all BS? Would they be able to get the writing department to publish a special Watchtower magazine in which they come clean to their readers? Or would the brothers in the Writing department call the Service department and convene a special judicial committee to “clean” the organization of the “apostate GB” and appoint a whole new group of GB who are loyal to the core values and doctrines of the Organization?

Think about your local Kingdom Hall. Do the elders know it’s BS? Maybe one has serious doubts. Let’s say he allows himself the luxury of exploring his doubts. He learns TTATT. He’ll either keep his mouth shut because he can’t get out because of family, or he’ll start talking about his doubts and either get DF’d or beat down by the other members of the body until he fades. Meanwhile, the other elders on the body are reminded to squash their doubts or they might end up like elder Apostate who lost his family and his position. The same dynamic is at play in Bethel.

The Organization is set up to protect itself against dissenters and independent thinker and those who know it’s BS.

Of course, some people know it’s all BS and are in it solely for personal gain. (Just like in your local Kingdom Hall.) But those people are isolated, either aware of the dangers of speaking up, or they realize they have a good thing going (position, prestige, family, tradition) so why rock the boat.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I agree with Juan that they are more aware now than before. Ray Franz seemed genuinely surprised about the religions early teachings when he was researching for COC. These days, due to COC and the internet, the GB are fully aware of the issues with their history and doctrine.

Because they have been subjected to a life of indoctrination, I think they probably believe it is the best organisation on earth, but also are fully aware that Jehovah does not direct them or their teachings.

I don't agree though that they know evolution is true etc. I spoke to the Aus Bethel Lawyer (Vin Toole) about evolution, and as a 20 year old he determined that God must have created everything, and has never researched the topic ever since. The same with my BIL and my father. I doubt the GB have time or the inclination to research topics outside the Bible.

OODAD makes a good point that the indoctration efforts have been strategically stepped up. They carefully introduced the new F&D doctrine over a 3 year period. They know what they are doing these days, and do it a lot better than in the past, such as the 1975 debacle. Fortunately, followers are also more educated these days and becoming aware of the techniques too.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Juan is miles from the truth. There is no way they don't believe most of it even now. Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, etc, all believed it and so do the modern day GB; however, some of them or possibly most of them will have doubts and pet alternative interpretations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit