District Assembly Vehicle Parking Passes: $5.00

by Calebs Airplane 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• simon17
    simon17

Sometimes if you're using a municipal lot or something, they'll do this arrangment, cutting a deal with the parking garage for an 'assembly rate' which is actually below the usually posted rate. So there may be cases where there is legit payment for parking.

• tinker
    tinker

We attended the Tacoma Conventions for years. Yes we paid, rather "contributed" for a parking pass months in advance. Much of the Service Meeting was taken up to go over the proper order for attending the convention from reserving a room, wearing the ID and not the least of which, How To Park. All this per the spirit directed FDS

Another wild parking issue was the year they parked us in like sardines. No In/Out byways. We were instructed to go directly to our cars after concluding prayer in order to show love and consideration. We knew it was a plot to keep us from leaving early. We parked outside the dome lot the next two days.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

When I was a kid, I remember the parking passes. The Capital Center. It may be called something else now.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I remember paying for the Macon, Ga parking, but that was more than 15 years ago.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Oh for sure. The WT Society made sure to keep the elders on the ball about getting the publishers to purchase parking passes weeks ahead at their local congregation. Collect the money and send it to Brooklyn. I recall $6.50 per car x 4,000 cars = 26,000. The Society $$LOVES Jehovah's provision of assemblies and conventions. Do not be misled, these are money-making operations.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

They stopped charging for parking back when they went to donations in the US in the 1990s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit