How BIG is Big Brother?

by Socrateswannabe 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

This site is an amazing resource with experts on virtually every subject. Thanks to you I've learned TTATT but also had techy stuff explained to me in plain English. Thanks to all!

• Pterist
  • tornapart
    tornapart

If you're really worried about things stored on your pc from your browsing history etc you can install a privacy eraser that clears everything in just a few clicks of the mouse. Saves having to go through all of it manually and clears even hidden stuff. As was said before it can be a family member who comes across the fact you've been here, especially if you share a pc.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Just in case I open all new "accounts" with a disposable -non identifing Gmail account, and use a common name for alternate accounts (smith, Jones, etc.). I NEVER put out any hard identifying info (NAME, AGE, OCCUPATION, CITY, CONGREGATION, BETHEL YEAR, BETHEL JOB). Hats off to those that do, but I don't need the extra grief.

We had a hacker targeting business account (Black-Hat SEO redirect, and spyware). The Cable internet providers Security team has us power off- and disconnect our Cable modem for 12+ hours now and then to reset a NEW ISP. We also do a complete deep clean for Adware, cookies, and spyware every week with TWO programs. I am still amazed at what gets through the firewall sometimes.

I have never completely trusted down loading ANY WTBTS files directly. Some guys at Bethel think they are on a "Mission form God". History teaches us about Kooks with that kind of thinking.

One Elder who does "work" for WTBTS directly told me "he believes he is Jehovah's instrument"...krazy talk.

my 2 cents.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I work in IT. You have nothing to worry about, unless there is some sort of federal investigation or something. Others have already correctly stated that an IP address comes from your internet provider and it does not identify you per se. And when you log off from your internet provider that IP address is assigned to someone else. It's like 74.125.227.68 logged in. Who the heck is that?

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Thanks to all of you! This is a great community!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit