Now I need to buy her an iPad for service?

by FadeToBlack 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Is this one more way for the WTS to save money? If they get JWs to buy Ipads, will they then charge them to download the latest publications (which will no longer exist in print format for the JWs, but only the cut down version for the public) so that they can cut costs? This seems like a rather odd thing to urge JWs (especially elderly ones who would probably use it for nothing other than JW activities) to do.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ministryideaz is ready to cash in, with a new ministry bag with an iPad pocket. I wonder who tips off Ministryideaz?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My laptop died and I replaced it with a Kindle Fire (smaller tablet). They are much easier to use than a PC, I think you will fond that she will need only a little help in the beginning. I use our other laptop for a few things (Kindle doesn't print or not that I have been able to do anyway), but 99% of the time, the Kindle does the job. It is faster than our PC, much less prone to viruses, and so portable, I can fit it in my purse.

• stillin
    stillin

the Borh will probably hide spyware in their downloads to Phish for ones who are coming HERE!

Really, I feel your pain. My better half wants an i-pad also, but the deal is that I get one too, so that I can read what I want, when I want. If I come out as reading unauthorized stuff...well sorrrrry! "Scuse me for livin'!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They are always talking out of two sides of their mouth. They have parts on the assemblies and conventions against materialism and not needing every new "gadget" that comes out.

Now,they are encouraging using these out in field service. The older ones aren't too happy about this. And most of the poor pioneers won't be able to afford them either.

They aren't too far off from everyone having to print out their own Watchtowers. They only allow one copy the study version per publisher and one for Bible studies.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For further corruption, a G-rated app.

http://vitotechnology.com/star-walk.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit