Why are Regular Pioneers Increasing?

by Gayle 32 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe
    I know regular pioneers who meet twice a month for group door-to-door work. They probably do about 5-6 hours a month this way. They spend another 5-6 hours a month doing face-to-face bible studies and returns. Every second of the rest is done in front of a computer. One told me if it takes him 15-minutes to compile some message he counts the time again for every different person he emails it to. His placements are mostly done as email attachments.

That explains why I never see JWs out on the street- now the Mormons, I still see them- white shirts & ties riding their bikes-

They have set the bar so low for pioneers that it's just a part-time gig now. I wonder how I can get on their email list?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The same reason I did. Guilt guilt and more guilt.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

a) More older people getting involved

b) More guilt-tripping

c) A LOT of parents (at least in my area) promised their kids that if they pioneer, they can live at home all-expenses paid - we had about 5 pioneers that way.

d) A LOT of 'normal' JW's are being guilt-tripped into providing for pioneers as in c except not their own children. Our CO gave a good browbeating when I last saw him about us 'with a job' not helping 'poor-old' pioneers out enough. As if it weren't hard enough, now we had to provide them meals and clothing? And you (the CO) simply has his gas-money and living-expenses paid for every week by the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit