"The arrogance and intolerance of the atheists, exemplified by Prof Dawkins, is their Achilles heel"

by Lozhasleft 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
  • cedars
    cedars

An interesting read. Thanks for posting Loz.

Cedars

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome Cedars, I thought so too.

Loz x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Double post

Loz x

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't care what a evolutionary biologist thinks about Christian Theology, just like I don't care what a CHristian Theologist thinks about evolutionary biology.

Not sure why people think being an expert in one field makes their opinion in another field ( especially a polar opposite) any more valid than that of a "layman".

We all tend to be arrogant at times and yes, Dawkins can come off that way at times and this situation here is a prime example BUT I think that average Christian cares as much about Dawkins opinion on CHristianity as the average Atheist cares about the Bishop of Durham's opinion on natural selection.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, Richard Dawkins couldn't remember the sub-title to to Darwin's book on the origin of species.

Oh my !!! How us Atheists have suddenly seen our Chief Guru exposed as a Johnny-know-nothing !

What a load of cobblers, this exposes the ignorance of people like Giles Fraser, and others in the believer camp, they equate trust in Science with belief.

Not the same animal !

Hence, Darwins excellent book is neither a "Bible" or even a current textbook, certainly not a pillar of the evolutionists "faith".

For people claiming to be Christian and yet not knowing the name of the first book of their current Text Book, the New Testamant, is noteworthy.

Even if Dawkins cannot remember the title of the latest text book on Evolutionary Biology, as a retired expert in the field this would not discredit him.

If anybody does manage to best Dawkins in some way, and I haven't seen it yet, I will still not be drawn to the camp of the deluded believers.

• cantleave
    cantleave

He was certainly hoisted by his own petard there!!!! I had to laugh.

At the end of the day however, this is not relevant as to to theist / non-theist debate and it certainly doesn't undermine Richard Dawkin's immense intellect and ability to distil complex concepts into simple langauage so that the non-scientific can understand them.

As phizzy said Origins is hardly the equivalent of the bible or koran, no one has killed or started wars in the name of Darwin, no one has tried to dictate how you should live your life, or how you should have sex based on Origin of species.

• cedars
    cedars

cantleave

no one has tried to dictate how you should live your life, or how you should have sex based on Origin of species.

I'm sure a book entitled "How To Have Sex Based On Origin of the Species" would sell quite well!!

Chapter 1: Love-making... finch style

Cedars

• designs
    designs

Theology is simple Science takes study and skills.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Context gentlemen,

The article pointed out the hypocracy ( and arrogance) of that particular comment by Dawkins ( that most christians don't even know the name of the first chapter/book in the NT - Gospel of Matthew, though some world argue that it should be Mark- and that Dawkins himslef didn't know the name of the fist chapter od the Darwinist "bible" The Origin of Species when he said he did).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit