Genesis 3:16 - As to ALL Women... or One Woman? A Favor, Please...

by AGuest 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Do you mean the bible - also know as "a beginners guide to misogyny".

No, Cofty, I meant the WTBS, the false religious organisation. And no "Loz doesn't think a wife should be in subjection to her husband..." Please don't put words in my mouth.

Loz thinks a member of Christ's body should be in subjection to Christ.

Loz x

To add: Couldn't we all see the damage this did not only to women in the WTBS but more so to the elders who lost honest sight of themselves?

• cofty
    cofty

So Loz you disagree with the bible when it commands christian women to be in subjection to their husbands do you?

• EntirelyPossible
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

One of my adult daughters had a husband Cofty, a fine ministerial servant. It later emerged that this man had obsessions with sexual depravity. But back when they were married, he took issue with a handbag (purse for our American friends) she had bought. It was a clutch bag, pretty, with bright colours. He forbade her to take it to the KH. One night she took it to a meeting since it matched her outfit. He called in the elders and she was disciplined.

Now, that interpretation of 'subjection' I find completely unloving and motivated by power seekers.

Loz x

• AGuest
    AGuest
    You're going off on a tangent Shelby.

I don't think so, C.

Elders think they have the right to poke their nose into just about anything but that has nothing to do with the gender of the person being harassed.

Well, this is true; however, they tend to believe that right applies more to women, even some with "heads", than to men. Now, that could be due to a good pre-"sizing up" (and realization that in a real hand-to-hand they'd lose), but still...

Every r&f JW is expected to be in subjection to the elders

Yes.

but a woman is not expected to be in subjection to a non-elder male who is not her husband unless it relates to preaching, praying or leading.

Okay, if you say so. Again, you're the expert. Again, though, you reside across the Pond. And... you haven't conducted any poll so far as I can see, so... But, sure: you know how it is all over the world... and it's the same as where you might have been. Okay.

Loz seems to think a wife ought to be in subjection to her husband - how quaint.

I didn't get that from what she posted, but... so what? It's her husband and her relationship with him. So long as it works for them (if it's even the case)... why does that chap YOUR hide?

So Loz you disagree with the bible when it commands christian women to be in subjection to their husbands do you?

Whoa! I mean, I know you addressed dear Loz (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)... but where did you get that the Bible "commands" that? And where did you get that anyone's supposed to obey anyone's commands other than Christ's? And where did you get that HE commanded such?

You're "faith" is showing again, C. You know, not YOUR christian faith, but your "I-don't-believe-in-God-but-I-used-to-and-I-still-kinda-believe-in-Jesus-well-at-least-that-he-existed-or-someone-by-that-name-did-such-that-if-someone-doesn't-use-it-they-aren't-a-christian-IMO" faith? Might wanna "check" that, before someone starts thinking you're a "believer."

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

At least we've established Cofty is the expert.

• cofty
    cofty
    Again, you're the expert.

I am indeed.

Shelby has ceased discussing the issues and started ranting incoherently so I'm off.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It does tend to end that way. Have a good evening, Mr. Expert.

• TD
    TD

1. Under what circumstances do you believe, if you do so believe, a woman is to be in subjection to, say, a man who is NOT her own husband... and what is the basis for that?

When a supervisor, teacher, professor, etc. happens to be male. When a police officer, judge, magistrate, officer of the court, etc. happens to be male.

2. On what, besides custom and tradition, do you, if you do, believe that women are to be in subjection to men (other than perhaps her own husband)?

Can't think of anything.

3. Do "strong-willed" women who appear to "have a problem with" submission make you nervous and, if so, why?

Nervous only in the sense of finding them attractive. That's why I married one.

4. Do you consider a woman who is NOT submissive to men in general... and/or fails to recognize the customary establishments (or attempts to establish) a "pecking-order" among a group of women (and there is indeed such a custom albeit unspoken among women, but it is ONLY a custom)... "concerning

Just a male observation here. Women seem capable of a special kind of hostility were nobody is ever forgiven, nothing ever gets resolved and nobody ever shakes hands after a scrap. Pecking orders concern me only in the sense that it's very uncomfortable to see people you would have as friends fight with other people you would have as friends.

In regard to Genesis 3:16, I do think both men and women are carrying destructive baggage in their primal minds. It doesn't matter if we ascribe that to evolutionary legacy or to inherited sin, it's still there regardless.

I'm noticing more and more professional women wearing earrings in the shape of tiny handcuffs, which if I'm not mistaken is a homage to 50 Shades Of Grey. I read the book out of curiosity and it struck me as extremely degrading to women. Almost to the point of being disturbing. What exactly is sexy about being handcuffed and spanked hard? What woman would even want that treatment, let alone be able to experience an orgasm from it? But the fact is, the book is a best seller and it wasn't the odd, male compulsive reader here and there that did that. True fans of E.L. James are almost entirely female.

A good friend of mine is a psychologist in a federal penitentiary. He's told me that the most notorious male criminals in prison get mail by the big canvas bags that the postal serivce uses. In these bags are hundreds of letters from women. Declarations of undying affection. Offers of marriage. Offers of sex. Offers to bear the criminal's child. It's a psychological disorder called hybristophilia and is mostly a female affliction. On the flip side of the coin, most of the truly violent offenders in prison are in fact men. I guess that's convenient in a sick sort of way..

I haven't made these observations because I think that's the way things ought to be. I don't. All my children are daughters and I worry for them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" ust a male observation here. Women seem capable of a special kind of hostility were nobody is ever forgiven, nothing ever gets resolved and nobody ever shakes hands after a scrap."

One of the reasons why I don't have many woman friends. I find some women to be too catty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit