Is unhappiness a reason for divorce ?

by caliber 154 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"What effect did being a JW have on your marriage, especially if you have left?"

• caliber
    caliber

"What effect did being a JW have on your marriage, especially if you have left?
    "

Firstly if it wasn't for JW's we would never have met .. so if's from there on , mean nothing.

Second I take full responsiblity for the decisions I made , I blame no one for my actions including the WT.

Certainly the meetings etc, made for less quality time together, but love should find a way around that.

Some would say their choices were limited because of marrying only in the Lord.. but I married because I was truly

"in love" I have no regrets which I can blame the WT for. Maybe not believing paradise was " just around the corner"

would have resulted in more long term planning therefore less debt , less stress would have resulted.

Should I blame the WT if my wife would have had different thoughts if not for the W. T . teaching and requirements ?

What would be the point ? A marriage is a threefold cord not four ! I stand by my vows to love, honor and cherish

to cause no intentional harm to my mate. My regrets involve only myself... my own blindness lack of insight to understand.

complacency

I feel hurt not anger ! I do have conviction that if at all possible marriage should be for lifetime .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTA2buWlNyM

• caliber
    caliber

In the end, perhaps love is a little like faith, for those who do not believe true love exists, no explanation is possible

and for those who do believe

no explanation is necessary !

Yet this harsh cold fact is also true.... True love can only exist with a sum total of equal parts

in which case it's fraction must die a slow painful death !

~~~~ Caliber

equals this. ...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Caliber, those were thread ideas.

Love is love. All love is true love.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Should I blame the WT if my wife would have had different thoughts if not for the W. T . teaching and requirements ? What would be the point ?

One point: holding them accountable for the vast amounts of misery they cause with their "Marry only JWs" policy.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

No one can truly make another happy.

We can make another person happier of course or more complete, thigs liek that, but brin happiness where there isn't any?

That is too much for anyoen to ask of anyone else.

People that are unhappy in a marriage must fix themselves first and then fix the marriage BUT they can't ask their partner to make them happy when they don't know what they are missing to be happy.

It's like a person that can't give themselves an orgasm blaming their partner fopr now know what to do to THIER body !

Know thy self.

• caliber
    caliber

Know thy self.
    reminds me of the words below ....

These words "to thine own self be true " are often quoted but not the entire thought or stanza

This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Being true to self involves honesty and truth with regards to relationship with other humans too

which contributes greatly to deep satisfaction and the ultimate form of happiness that of joy and elation !

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Maybe a marriage partner knows thy self, and in thus knowing, figures out that being married to a particular person will not be condusive to happiness.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Maybe a marriage partner knows thy self, and in thus knowing, figures out that being married to a particular person will not be condusive to happiness.

I don't think that anyone wants to be amrried to a person that makes them unhappy of course BUT no person shoudl every marry another to be happy, they should be happy already ( or reasonably so of course) and marriage (dedicated love to one individual) shouldmake them happIER.

Of course one should ask themselves WHY they are unhappy with somone that they used to be happy with and whether that are unhappy because the marriage is a "happiless one" or if it is their unhappiness in life that is making the marriage an unhappy one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit