Balaamsass

A: Born-in

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

4th Gen. Born-In.

2nd Gen. The Hell Out

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Born in but the lies by the WTS. concerning 1975 really made me rethink what I was involved in , left the Borg in 1980.

• watson
    watson

Born in. 8 years old in '66 so was there for the "big push".

• a watcher
    a watcher

Convert

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I was around 5 when my mother got sucked into the Borg.

Kojack

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

None of those three categories describes my background.

I would class myself as "raised in" rather than "born in", given that my parents weren't JWs when I was born. In fact, they never did become JWs: - I was introduced to it at eleven years of age, by a grandmother who had commenced a "Bible Study" with the witnesses several years before.

Furthermore, the term "convert" is hardly relevant in my case, as I was not a church member prior to my involvement with the witnesses.

Also, my grandmother began "studying" with the JWs about the same time as the All Scriptures Inspired book was released, which specifically warned against any speculation regarding the 6000th anniversary of human creation. I don't therefore class myself as a 1975er, either.

Sorry to disagree!

Bill.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I guess my mother was already knocked up with me when she started studying, I was born in December 1957 and she was baptized at that popular International Assembly in 1958 which filled both the Polo Grounds and Yankee Stadium here in the city.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

In '83 I was a born in because my mom studied and became a dub in 74. This she said is when they would let you walk up and get baptized. She fell for the '75 shit although to this day she swears people took 1975 "too seriously".... uh huh... and you didn't?

• clarity
    clarity

Damn fool convert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit