I'm late to the party on this Gog of Magog change...

by sd-7 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Like all of their bull shit it starts at the top then trickles down to the congregation, so even the most lowly of brothers can bask in the glow of WT's wealth of bull shit.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

sd-7, "That's the quickest way to end up in front of three elders."

sd, the rationale that the Watchtower uses is that you're running ahead of Jehovah. I remember hearing day at a meeting the following:

"But even if the organization is wrong how dare you correct it. You're running ahead of Jehovah."

I have also heard the example of an Old Testament scripture where someone saw that the ark of the covenant which was being transported was in danger of falling into the ground. An individual saw it and when he went to prevent it's fall he was stricken dead by God. That of course applied to anyone who might be correcting the organization with good intentions.

• mana11
    mana11
    It seems Fred Franz's teachings are fast becoming apostate teachings.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    the next time the WTS flicks the new light bulb on they will most likely say gog of magog is------facebook
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Someone here coined the phrase, "Google of Magoogle." That is probably the entity that will destroy cultish religions.

DD

• richgirl
    richgirl
    For decades JWs have been told that the UN will attack false religion and then turn it's attention to them. At that point Jehovah would step in with Armageddon. But that's all changed with their recent "new light" on Gog of/and Magog (see July 15th 2015 WT), and the modern day "Assyrian." (See Nov 15th 2013 WT which says, " In the near future, Jehovah’s apparently vulnerable people will come under attack from the modern-dayAssyrian,” whose intent will be to wipe them out. The Scriptures refer to that attack as well as the attack of ‘Gog of Magog,’ the attack of “the king of the north,” and the attack of “the kings of the earth.” (Ezek. 38:2, 10-13; Dan. 11:40, 44, 45; Rev. 17:14; 19:19) Do these represent separate attacks? Not necessarily. The Bible could be referring to the same attack under different names. ") Now it seems that what they are suggesting is the UN (and associated nations) will dismantle/destroy false religion, (see chart July 15th 2013 WT), then there will be a "respite" (See also July 15th 2015). Then yet another coalition of nations, possibly lead by a figurative King of the North, will attack JWs. This new explanation is going to confuse a lot of JWs, if they can even be bothered to try and understand it. A problem they have with that explanation can be found by reading Rev 17:11-14. Verse 12 talks about the "wild beast" that JWs identify as the UN. Verse 14 says that it battles with the Lamb and loses. v11 says it goes off into destruction. Can there really be room for yet another entity to arrise even after the "eighth king" (identified as UN) goes off into destruction (which I presumed was at Armageddon)? Mmmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit