January 2013 warns parents to resist contact with df'd children again

by stuckinlimbo 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

See page 15-16. Full of "straw men" like:

* Do not blame yourself it is the child that Jehovah blames - Parents do not care whose fault it is they just want their child not to be killed by God

* It is ok for parents to hope their df'd child returns - was anybody really asking if that was wrong?

The article points out that even email contact is not ok.

This stuff seems to be in every second watchtower. I don't ever remember it being this much of an issue years ago.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Witnesses speaking to their DF or unbelieving family members is a HUGE problem for WTS. Not only is there the natural affection for one's family and friends that goes completely contrary to the practice of DFing, but these disguntled (DFd) family members likely have come to know TTATT. The WTS has NO control on them any longer, thus they are free to speak frankly about TTATT to any loved one or friends that is truly concerned. Once they open that Pandora's Box, there is no going back (as we have all learned).

Instructing JWs to not have any association with DF family members is nothing more than an attempt at INFORMATION CONTROL.

Doc

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

marked to come back too...

oz

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

DOC, amen to that! This is a HUGE problem! This issue was the main focus of the ' NEEDS OF THE CIRCUIT ' talk at my C.A. It was made very clear that if you are associating with a DF'd family member, and it is not truly necessary, you can and will be DF'd yourself if you continue unrepentantly. They are desperate to stop the bleeding! No df'd association, no internet but JW.org, don't study Hebrew or Greek, obey Mother and donate your money..

• designs
    designs

They are doubling down on the 1980s paranoia. Let them run with it, more will head to the exits.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

this gets me so frustrated, more and more fear,more and more control. it also shows ppl if they leave what will happen knowing that they themselves will be shunned.i look back at my time as a jdub and think of ppl i shunned horrible horrible.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

this is more frustrating than designs not knowing he was designed lol

• designs
    designs

God knew you would say that

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lol that was my way of saying good moring designs!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Reminds me of one friend, who was so frustrated by his rebellious daughter slipping out at night he nailed shut the windows in her room...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit