WT Society Still Lies to JW's into Believing they Live Forever - 12/15 WT

by flipper 48 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

This quote was just so annoying and unbelievable it stunk the pages right up. But doesn't ALL the WT rhetoric stink it up ? In the article titled, " Find Real Success in Life " on pg. 7 it states that living a life of " faithfulness " would bring blessings and approval and " we certainly can expect blessings in the future. " Then the quote that annoyed me, " Yes, we can be ABSOLUTELY SURE that a HUNDRED YEARS from now , even a THOUSAND YEARS or MORE from now , we WILL be able to look back and say, " I definitely chose the course of real success ! "

Uh-huh. Just like the JW's that were told that " millions now living will never die " in 1925 ? Just like the JW's that were told that in 1975 it would be the end of 6,000 years since Adams creation and the start of the alleged " new system " would begin with the alleged " paradise " ?

How arrogant , criminal, and just plain insane is it for WT leaders to promise these things to JW's when they CANNOT deliver these promises ? To make statements like " ABSOLUTELY SURE " or " HUNDRED YEARS " or " THOUSAND YEARS " from now is just pure deviousness on their part and even MORE sad for gullible, easily influenced people to believe these lies !

Millions now living that were alive in 1925 are now DEAD . That's a fact, the truth. And the fact or truth is that ALL WT leaders and those that say 100 or a 1,000 years from now that people will still be living then who are alive now- is an OUTRIGHT LIE. History proves me right.

In paragraph 17 on pg. 8 it states , " Jesus said, " He that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. " Would you not agree that being saved is an UNDENIABLE EVIDENCE of success ? " Uh, yeah, if it was true. But it's a lie. Everybody dies . That's a fact. More accurately is believing that a person gets " saved " or " lives forever " is an UNDENIABLE EVIDENCE of being duped, deceived , and scammed by an organization bent on selling false hopes to have control over JW's lives, money, and minds.

O.K. Now I'll exhale. Would love to hear your takes on this. Hope you are all doin' well

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Flip - Since we know better now, don't even try to rationalize, it'll just send you to the nearest loony bin in your area.

• irondork
    irondork

Unlike 1925 and 1975, eternal life is a hope found in the bible.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Deep breaths there Flipper! Deep breaths....

Can't disagree though with a thing you wrote. I think it is more evidence that JWs are discounting what the GB is saying. In the past, they would ask "How high?" when the WTS screamed "JUMP!" But these days, not so much. Got to make a living, and plenty of other things to do in this world, like go to college, hang out on the weekends, and enjoy life. So what are they to do? Make up shit like this.

They are trying to guilt them into sacrificing ALL of their time into serve-us. Whether it be Saturday mornings, or the endless stream of meetings. By holding out that carrot, people are guilted into serve-us activities instead of living in the here and now.

Also, there is the time distortion element that cults often use. By saying stuff like "thousand years from now" the average JW thinks "I really can't live for today, I will have eternity in the future!" Cults do this shit to steal free labor from their members in the here and now.

But like you mentioned, everybody who has ever lived, has died! No escapees yet! Enjoy your life now, its the ONLY one that is guaranteed!

• flipper
    flipper

SHIRLEY- Yeah, I know you're right. But if you saw my other thread today dealing with the boorish behavior of my superstitious JW dad, you'll see why I had to rant and vent a little about this crazy information as well. 2 threads I posted today helped me vent and get my frustration out somewhat. So it's therapuetic for me sis . LOL !

IRONDORK- Well, if you believe in the Bible, I guess it teaches " living forever ". Funny that not one human being has ever " lived forever " though. Guess the Bible lies too

• prologos
    prologos

This is the A&E fable with the tallking snake still repeated in a perverse way " you will not die".

All life dies. to prove otherwise would have been to have Jesus, the second Adam, to be executed at young age of 133 or 1033.

The wt made at one point the promise that "we will not lie to the members" but they have done that when they changed

" Millions now living WILL never die"- to "Millions now living MAY never die"* which is the final title of that talk from 1918 onward. (not 1925)

Making these promises, unfulfillable, has worked in the past, has not YET incurred consequences, so they keep doing it.

peace

*details on beabeorean.com

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

But the serpent said to the woman, ‘You will not die;

Still works today

• flipper
    flipper

LOST GENERATION- Yeah I know Lost, gotta take deep breaths. My JW dad is just driving me crazy on the other thread so I needed to vent today. I agree, the WT Society has to get more flamboyant in their promises so it will grab the JW's attention as some JW's aren't listening anymore being involved with getting on with life in the real world. WT Society just keeps holding that carrot of " everlasting life " to them to keep them from leaving the Borg. You make a good point about how cults distort time to their members and for 133 years the WT Society certainly has done that to JW's ! I agree, we HAVE to live for today, tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

PROLOGOS- You make a good point that the WT Society has never incurred any consequences for lying to it's members so that's why they keep doing it ! Never thought of it that way, but hey if it works, why change ? Very good point

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HI FLIPPER:

I also got angry when I read the quote about "we can be absolutely sure 100 or 1000 years from now, etc...". (SURE!) The thing about making promises like this to people is that you won't be around to be accountable when it doesn't happen. Frankly, it would be more believable, and attainable, to sell people a bridge in Brooklyn.

It was nice of LOST GENERATION to point out the device of "time distortion" as something that messes with people's minds to get them to believe in a distant future and then end up squandering precious time in the here and now. So tragic!

While this tired promise no longer works on us, it might ensnare a new bunch and that is the shame of it.

Anyway, have a Happy Holiday season!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

flipper:

How arrogant , criminal, and just plain insane is it for WT leaders to promise these things to JW's when they CANNOT deliver these promises ?

It's definitely arrogant and insane. I'm not sure how you'd go trying it as criminal though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit