Golden Eagle tries to snatch a toddler

by mamochan13 20 Replies latest social current

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

http://www.theprovince.com/technology/Video+Golden+eagle+tries+snatch+toddler+Montreal+park/7717792/story.html

Quite an amazing video of an eagle who apparently wants to snack on a toddler. (sorry, insert link won't work for me)

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Some of the comments claim it's fake. I've sent it to Snopes for confirmation.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Shit! We need to ban Golden eagles...

• jgnat
    jgnat

A golden eagle is certainly big enough.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I read elsewhere that all animals have a fear of humans regardless of whether one is toddler or not.

Scott77

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's a fake.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I read elsewhere that all animals have a fear of humans regardless of whether one is toddler or not. - Scott77

Nope, has to be taught. A cougar mother, for instance, will teach her cubs to leave a wide berth. But if she is killed before the lesson gets through, we have a dangerous young cougar on our hands. If an animal does not show fear of humans, it is deported to places unknown or killed. Humans have a zero tolerance for this sort of thing.

Out here in the wilderness, we don't have a stray pet problem. Guess why.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I thought Canadians had the right to bear Golden Eagles. So what's the problem here?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

could be real

• jgnat
    jgnat

Skeptics note a few markers:

• The videographer posted this video alone, and has no other history. A plant?
    • An ornithologist says it is not a golden eagle, and that golden eagles are rare in the Montreal area.
    • Scrutinizers say the child keeps rising for a moment after the eagle releases - doctoring of video?
    • Scrutinizers say the shadow of the eagle cuts in and out - doctoring of video?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit