Final prayer after fieldservice today.

by El_Guapo 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Hi Guys,

I was asked to give final prayer today after the field service meeting. I asked for Jah to bless and comfort the families of the Newtown, CT massacre. An elder pulled me aside after the meeting and said that asking for that was not appropriate. I mentioned Luke 6:27, and said that if Jesus said to love our enemies why not pray for innocent families????

He said that JW's don't do that, we offer spiritual help to families, like studies, Return visits, etc.

That being said, I made an excuse and didn't go out. (said I wasn't feeling well) Man, I am so angry why is that wrong?

• Ding
    Ding

There's nothing wrong with it at all...

... except in the Orwellian world of the WTS.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

El_Guapo wrote:

He said that JW's don't do that

I would like to ask the elder why JW's don't do that? What reason could they possibly have for not doing that? BTW, I'm an atheist, but I still am curious why a supposedly Christian group would behave that way. If you find an answer please share it.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The reason the wtbs thinks its wrong is because they're preparing jw's to accept the slaughter of 7 billion humans with a happy smile. So now you start by viewing "worldly" people as expendable. It's a horrible transformation from a caring human to a cold unfeeling jw.

• Think About It
    Think About It

That was so wrong of the JW elder, but it's typical WTS cult mindset. Don't know what your situation is, but I can tell you know something is wrong in the JW organization. Get out if your personl & family situation can presently allow it. Good luck.

• dontplaceliterature
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

of course God's people don't pray or help those outside their puny little circle. Just like that illustration Jesus presented about the Samaritan.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Man your elders seem especially terrible. Just sayin.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Is the elder being especially terrible, or is he just following JW protocol? Is it standard procedure for JW's to -not- pray the way El_Guapo did?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

on topics like that, Elders typically pull rules out of their ass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit