If you are fader, how do you handle assignments etc.

by Slidin Fast 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    I am involved in many things and The elder mantle has been serving as a shield for me all along and I want to keep it that way.

-anything is possible, for people without a conscience.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I confess I liked speaking publicly. I was used on circuit & district parts. Also worked the stage. Got to meet everyone. I marvel at you guys still in servant positions. I understand the rock & hard place you find yourselves at. As for me, after wasting 50 yrs. of my life, I couldn't bear to waste another second. For all of us: Live Well....Enjoy Life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I knew I wouldn't "miss the platform." Sounds a bit strange to my thinking processes.

I knew I didn't want to try to staddle the fence of giving talks while not really objecting to what I said, so when I resigned as an elder, I quit the Theocratic School at the same time. It's an all-volunteer organization. You do not have to participate in the school- if you are not climbing the "privilege" ladder, there is no real advantage in being on the school.

• Ding
    Ding
    What chronology are they using now? All I can think of is the 2,520 years from 607 BC to 1914 CE.

I'm guessing they no longer talk about 6,000 years of man's existence ending in 1975...

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

easy, just dont prepare. tell the conductor ten min before the meeting you got the dates wrong confused etc. that should buy you a few months to make your escape. for those of you that thinking fading takes half a lifetime. i cant help ya.

• blondie
    blondie

I've been in congregations where elders' wives take themselves out of the school and refuse to be recruited again. Even pressure from their husbands did no good. I remember one elder told the new to the congregation school overseer to sign up the elder's wife. Turns out she had no idea and just showed up and did not come up to the stage when it was announced. That wasn't me but I did take myself out of the school. I realize that men are more "valuable" and it might be harder to do this, especially if currently an MS or elder. But I knew 2 elders who pulled the "anxiety" card a few years into their appointment and were not assigned any parts.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Heh, Moshe. I had the same thought.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I really appreciate the sisters who just get to give a 5 minute part on the TMS staring at another sister at the end of a table. They are so capable, and skilled in speaking. They have that concerning touch. Some are very brilliant.

However, they have accepted their place in this ORG.

Yes, I am aware of the ones that have cancelled themselves on the TMS program, and I do respect them for doing this, When I stopped serving as an Elder I too quit the TMS, but, after seeing the sisters faithfully accepting and doing their assignmnents, has made me want to join the school again.

It's better than just sitting there and doing nothing.

• l p
    l p

Well, way back when (2002/3) I just avoided the last few talks I was given. I'd call and say that I couldnt' do it before hand. Saying im sick or something. The school overseer ended up talking to me after a few times probably times and i asked if I could have a break.

Then I just started not attending meetings. I went every now and then. and then just abruptly stopped.

When i was doing the talks i would have panic attacks in the hall. I use to do sign language interpreting at the KH too, but i ended up having panic attacks with everyone looking at me...so i use to sit up the back of the hall...

having said that I now work in health and conduct education sessions to all sorts of healthcare workers, doctors, nurses, allied health, cleaners etc and even up to the department of health. I get good commendations re my presentations everytime. I love public speaking...

I just think the panic attacks had to do with the borg..,.

Lp

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

When I hear these thoughts it makes me think that there must be thousands of people ploughing the same furrow. We all think our experiences and problems are unique but there are always others. Thats why being able to sound off or read other's thoughts is so good. Being consigned to silence is bad for the soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit