Have You Ever Seen Or Met Anyone Famous?

by minimus 79 Replies latest jw friends

• not bitter
    not bitter

Charlton Heston - I had a drink with him in the bar at the Theatre Royal in Bath. I've also walked past Bob Geldof on the Kings road back in the late eighties but Charlton is my best claim to fame.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

... we proved we were Jdubs with our blood cards ...

Hahahahahaha!

So this is how JWs prove they worship Jehovah. Funny. With a card ... "I'm a card carrying JW, yes I am."

I'm disfellowshipped and I still have a "blood card" around here somewhere (just not in my wallet anymore). What does THAT prove?

BTW, it's actually an Advance Decision to Refuse Specified Medical Treatment - NO BLOOD, but if you want to use slang it would be more appropriate to call it a "No-Blood Card."

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

I met, years ago, a very famous italian actor in a superbe Hotel in Rome. We were, with my husband, having a drink at the piano bar and the pianist asked to me which song he could play for me... I started asking one, he was astonished of my request because it was "Laura" the song of an old movie. Then, I requested "Star dust... and then some other very special songs and arias from West Side Story...well the pianist and my husband were much impressed about my requests of songs not so commun and known... and the people around. I felt like the crowd was waiting my answer to the pianist who was again and again adressing only to me...

My husband and I spent a lovely month traveling throught Europe with Barbara and Joe Anderson.

Lately, always with my man, we attended a special meeting in south of France and met there Steven Hassan, who was attending the same meeting. We had the chance to sit next to him in the bus when we went visit Bugarach and talk a lot with him. Very nice and friendly person.

Regards, Claudia

• Terry
    Terry

Sean Connery

Michael Caine

Dustin Hoffman

John Travolta

Marylu Henner

Tim Conway

John and Bo Derek

Karl Malden

Peggy Lee

Amy Iriving

Steven Spielberg

George Lucas

Erik Estrada (woo hoo)

Evil Knevel

Rhonda Fleming

Barbra Carrera

Vince Edwards

Lou Ferrigno

Jon Voight

Donald Sutherland

I lived in California and worked close to MGM Studios in an art gallery. Lots of celebrities buy art.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Michael Jackson came to our hall one Sunday and I met Roger Moore once.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Blondie,coffee-black,Barbara Sinclair,Mary,jimPenton,Gadget,Uzziah,very famous in MY book...

• moshe
    moshe

Not really- famous people draw crowds and I hate crowds.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

For political junkies, just sit in Washington National (Reagan) Airport on a Thursday afternoon when Congress is in session (they generally head back home on Thursdays).

It's very difficult not to see someone you know from Congress or from one of the News Networks in a very short amount of time.

Rub a Dub

• iclone
    iclone

Whoopi Goldberg and Cuba Gooding Jr (on set)

Nicole Richie (Phoenix Airport)

Benjamin Bratt (Engine Co. 28 LA)

Wayne and Janet Gretzky, Martin Short (LAX)

Jennifer Aniston (Cuistot Restaurant, Palm Desert CA)

• seenitall
    seenitall

NY Knicks entire Team in mid 1980s (rode on their chartered flight) talked to Ewing, Cartwright and coach Hill.

Bill Walton

Phil Knight (founder of Nike)

Joey Harrington (QB - Detroit)

Wilt Chamberlin

Theresa Graves (Get Christy Love) - discussed Awake article on singleness in 1977

Fred Armisen & Carrie Brownstein (Portlandia & Saturday night)

Chris Grundy (Second City & HGTV)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit