How many JW's would get FIRED if the WT would be paying them to preach?

by fedup 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

Yan Bibiyan

I am probably behind on this, but where is the preaching data coming from? Do we have the entire report with partakers, or this is a partial release?

The figures in the OP are the 2011 figures from the last yearbook.

There has been a post giving the 2012 figures, on the link below...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/242113/1/2012-service-year-report

...but these have yet to be confirmed.

They are as follows...

Average Publishers – 7,538,994 1.9% increase

Peak Publishers – 7,782,346

Baptized – 268,777 2.2% increase

Hours – 1,748,697,447 2.4% increase

Regular Pioneers - 921,292 6.2% increase

Bible Studies – 8,759,988 260,000 more than last year.

If true, this would mean the hours-to-baptism ratio has risen still further, to 6,506 hours of preaching per baptism for 2012.

Cedars

• sir82
    sir82

All this goes to prove the point that the door to door work is absolutely not about gaining converts.

It's a control mechanism - a way to keep the masses occupied with busywork so there is no time to think. Also a way to generate guilt if a member is not sufficiently occupied in this meaningless and ineffective task.

JWs would still have their 2% annual growth if all door to door work ceased tomorrow, from children of members.

In fact, without the arduous mind-numbing time-wasting obligation of going door to door, more people would probably stick around - I'd bet the numbers would increase even faster than with door to door.

Of course, as I and other posters have noted - the WTS prefers a smaller number of members over whom they can exercise more control, than a larger number which includes a bunch of "slackers".

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

The figures in the OP are the 2011 figures from the last yearbook.

Duh! Note to self: READ carefully first.

Thanks Cedars.

• fedup
    fedup

Does anyone have an article where the WT states that the door-to-door preaching work is the most efficient wat to spread the good news?

• solomon
    solomon

can't get a tan or drink rum punch on the beach in GodForsaken Gulch, North Dakota, where there's a real need, now can you?).

my thoughts exactly!

the greatest need is in the center of the country but it is not as exotic as dominican or mexico

• solomon
    solomon

and the way that the pioneers go about their service and count their time I would fire every one of their lazy asses!

• JWOP
    JWOP

Sir82: If ANYONE had to pay to get in, I don't think ANYONE would go to any church, kingdom hall, synagogue, etc.

As for being paid for "service"? I'm thinking that if members actually got paid for it, more would be doing it, and in greater quantity of hours. And, of course, pioneers would exceed their hours.

• sir82
    sir82
    If ANYONE had to pay to get in, I don't think ANYONE would go to any church, kingdom hall, synagogue, etc.

Oh I don't know - maybe not on a weekly basis for the Reverend Bubba Baptist Church, but around here, people do pay to attend "prosperity gospel" type religious seminars.

• pontoon
  • Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

Almost all of them.

I knew an elder who would put a 10 hour card in for you if you failed to report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit