What would happen if I partook at the memorial?

by lv4fer 15 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I was just wondering. Would they disfellowship me? Would they just take me aside and question me? Has anyone while still in good standing partaken of the emblems and if so what happened? I'm feeling that I am denying Christ if I don't partake. It has always bothered me not to partake, but I am sure now that it is wrong not to partake. I was planning on partaking at home after the memorial at home with my family.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

A lot of JW's do that, and sometimes in groups too. The Society has been aware of it for some time, so you will be questioned if several JW's meet quietly either before or after the Memeorial.

Yes, you will be questioned most likely. If you let them, tho. You can tell them you need more time before you 'discuss' it, that will hold them at bay for a little while.

But evidence seems to exist the Watchtower is panicking over the increase in partakers (You go guys!!!) and I have personally seen elder 'swat teams' formed, especailly if a couple different new ones partake the same year, like happened at my hall. They both wound up df'd in a very short time over dumb-ass things. I hear this all the time.

Just stay out of their way; "I need more time to pray and consdier things becasue I don't have words to express myself' or some such thing.

The one good thing is that really they might be too busy dealing with private scandals within the congregation, or the biggger Watchtower scandals to deal with you and people like you. Here's hoping....

My prayers are with you and all like you...

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I would think that they wouldn't DF you unless you told them you didn't believe in their BS. My understanding is that is a personal decision and that no one can tell you that you can or cannot take them. However, I am sure the elders in that congregation would question you afterwards to see if you are ligament or not.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Solace
    Solace

I agree.
    I also feel the W.T.S is wrong in denying most members from partaking of the emblems.
    If you decided to partake, Im not sure what they would do.
    If you let me know which congregation you would be attending I would love to be there for moral support and to see the looks on all the faces.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If one found out the real symbolic pre-Christian origins behind the consumption of the bread and wine, they would have second thoughts to have anything to do with the whole ritual.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• KJV
    KJV

If your going to call yourself a Christian you better take of the emblems. Otherwise you will be saying "NO" to Christ body just like Satan worshippers do around the world on Niasin 14th. The Society has it bassackwards. They should allow everybody to take of the emblems and only the annointed get baptised. When you got baptised you baptised your body to die to be with Christ in Heaven. There is nowhere in the Bible that says that baptism is a symbol of ones dedication to God. Pure rubbish!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Why would anyone want to take their emblems....They are in name of Micheal the Ark angel, Not in the Name of the Biblical Jesus
    Although Paul Blizzard ( D A) did partake one year & they did count it. My self I do partake but NOT in the Kingom Hell.
    I did go back to attend a Memorial alone ( befroe I found the real Jesus) & the brothers watched me( to see if I would partake) But nobody would sit in the seats next to me- I was devasted at that time- because I thought I was still obeying Jehovah- Now I thank God I could partake as OFTEN as I want with TRUE Christians....

• RR
    RR

THis what you can do, when they pass the bread, take a piece, and then pull out some jelly and spread it on and eat it right there, then wait for the wine, take a sip, gargle with it and spit it back in the glass. Let's see what happens.

• Solace
    Solace

mouthy,
    Thats true.
    The J.W. "Michael" doctrine does discredit Jesus.
    Then again, so do many other W.T.S teachings.
    It is strange that witnesses dont notice this. I think I always noticed things were different about us but I didnt think witnesses were being delibrately lied to.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

WP, I am interested in what you have to say about the pre-christian origins of the "ritual" although Christianity adopted many pre-Christian rituals and now rules over them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit