Angus Jones becomes a Seventh Day Adventist

by barry 26 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

My concern is that Angus has connected to the loony side of Adventism conspiracy theory end times and is learning the SDA santuary message.

None of the theologans in the church can agree with the santuary message for you people that aren't familliar with this theology it entails 1844 , 2300 days changed to years and it is a dotrine which perverts th echristian gospel. This doctrine is in disrepute even amoungst Adventists .

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well it wouldn't be the 1st time an actor or musician ends up on the loony side of religion

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe him and Charlie were sharing needles and spoons

• extractor
    extractor

I heard this today & thought, "Yes, filth. That show is garbage from top to bottom. Good for him!" Then found out it's SDA & thought, "Oh crap... he joined just another stupid cult."

He says his family tried to tell him he's in a cult.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I remember being like this kid when I was in my early 20's and newly attending an IFB church. Very zealous. I guess we will see how he turns out in 20 years or so.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    He says his family tried to tell him he's in a cult.

Bad move on the part of his family.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My grandson is baptized SDA. He even wants to go to a SDA college to study divinity and hopes to be a minister. He does have some problems with SDA doctrine, so his long term goal is to have his own non denominational church some day. I haven't seen any evidence of it hurting him any, he seems quite happy and normal. He has gone to SDA school his whole life. At least they have activities for the young ones, unlike the JWs. He has even gone to Mexico to build a church.

• blondie
    blondie

An apology?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Angus-Jones-Apologizes-1056928.aspx?rss=breakingnews

Angus T. Jones Apologizes for Blasting Two and a Half Men

Nov 27, 2012 09:04 PM ET
    by Kate Stanhope
    Follow katestanhope

• Tweet
    Angus T Jones

One day after calling Two and a Half Men"filth" and urging viewers not to watch, Angus T. Jones issued lengthy apology to the show's creator, producers, cast and crew.

In the statement, obtained by Deadline, Jones doesn't retract his comments about the quality of the show, but apologizes if his comments conveyed "indifference" and/or "disrespect" against those involved with the show. "I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families," he said. "I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life."

Angus T. Jones calls Two and a Half Men "Filth," urges viewers to stop watching

Jones also said he regretted that his comments depicted a "lack of appreciation" for the "extraordinary opportunity" of Two and a Half Men. He also thanked creator Chuck Lorre, Warner Bros. head Peter Roth and all of Warner Bros. and CBS.

CBS and Warner Bros. have not issued a statement on Jones' comments, which went public in a YouTube video posted on Monday as part of a taped testimonial for the religious organization Forerunner Chronicles. "If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men," Jones says in the clip. "I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth."

See other child stars gone bad

Read Jones' full statement below:

I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours. While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked over the past ten years and who have become an extension of my family.

Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them. I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that.

What do you think of Jones' apology?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like he got called in the carpet and was given a good dressing down.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

We need to allow him to pursue his own conscience, who knows what this kid saw dealing with Sheen and Hollywood. Danny Bonnadecuci has said over and over "If you want to screw your kid up for life, force him to be a child actor!" other child actors echo his words too. Why are we no longer shocked when we hear the issues these kids turning adults are battling "drug abuse, depression, ect...."

If the SDA can prevent him from becoming the next Lindsay Lohan or Whitney Houston, Heath Ledger, what can't we wish the best for him? He's a kid for God's sake, give him a break!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit