more wifey issues. she seen my phone and this web site was op

by unstopableravens 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

punk: i know what you mean! she has treatened me many times.she told me sunday she was going to call the police. i had to remind her its only illegal at the kingdom hall.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Feck me with the rough end of a pineapple Ravens!

What on earth have you said?

Cool it bruv.

• featherimiss
    featherimiss

unstopableravens remember your wife is a grown women. I would stop trying to convince her that the JW is untrue. The best way is to be a great husband. I would be a very loving husband and very respectful to her beliefs....but would definitely expect her to be the same with me.

One thing I notice when some find ttatt want to tell everyone who is listening their finding (this is what I did). But some are truly happy with their beliefs and just not ready. So I took the time to get use to my new life and I attended church without asking anyone and without letting them know what/where I was going. But I keep on loving and respecting them and their views (and I continue even 12 years later). When they choose not to respect my views, I just end the conversation.

I found when I concentrated on working on myself, I started attracting instead of repelling my JW family. My pioneer sister noticed that I was so relaxed. My disfellowshipped sister noticed that I was loving and talking to her. My just active enough Mother enjoy going shopping instead of going to meetings. My elder father...just left me alone...he did not want to lose our relationship.

Long story short I have successfully faded..my story is a little easier. Because I was married to an unbeliever, never was a strong witness (just born in), I eventually moved 5 states away from my JW Family. But what I do know is that when I lived in the same town with a 50,000 total population...I was very active in my church (there was even a picture of my sister and I attending a church service on the front page of the town newspaper). My dad said my sister and I needed to send a DA letter (we never did)....and the locals just never acknowledged it.

So still I strongly suggest prayer for yourself in building your relationship with Christ and finding yourself. And don't worry so much about your wife's spirituality...just her well being as a wife, mother and human. I would shower her with love and fun stuff...forgot about the boring JW stuff.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i feel u feather. i want her to see christ in me.i have tryed to fade,she is not stop most of time she bring something up. thats why i want to send in a da letter. i mentioned that here about three weeks ago. punk that sounds very painful lol

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

she was going to call police because i did not want anything to do with watchtower lol.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Unless you want a divorce, these two things are terrible ideas: (1) promoting alternative religious views and (2) writing a DA letter.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lwt i understand that is a possability, and im saying this as a believer,i believe unless a person is born again there is no salvation. so how can i keep quite when i believe my familys salvation is on the line? this may be different for a non believer. i hope you understand what im saying.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"i believe unless a person is born again there is no salvation"

You have eternity, right? So, why not slow down and keep ALL of these thoughts to yourself, UNTIL you have the benefit of having meditated on this topic for a year or so.

When you make statements like the one above, this is what your wife (and JW landlord) are thinking: "This man has been taken over by the demons."

Question: Are you less likely or more likely to influence your wife, if she believes you are posessed by demons?

The answer to that question should dictate your strategy.

Facts/truth/doctrine are not the issue, here. Thought Reform is the issue.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lwt : ur right on that, u must have meet her before lol she always says satan turns himself into an angel of light. everytime she can refute something lol

• featherimiss
    featherimiss

Unstopable..as a believer you still only responsible for your life. Everyone has free will. As the scripture say even the rocks will cry out. So right now just concentrate on you...believe me you have alot of healing to do and to be a great human, husband, father and Christian...you are going to have to clear the JW crap out. It does not happen overnight...just by you thinking you are HAVE to save your Family. No Jesus Saves...so trust him to be who HE IS!!!

I even suggest step away from spiritual stuff for awhile...do so fun stuff (which is spiritual to me). When I first left I was Agnostic leaning toward Atheist. But through therapy, taking fun classes, like sushi making, jewelry making. Exercising...anything non JW it help me to heal. Also it put me around normal wholesome people (yeah...I realized that JW don't have the market on wholesomeness). Plus I got out and enjoyed going to night clubs, traveling, boating. I divorced after leaving...so I even started dating all of the worldly men (and it has been a wonderful experience...I haved learned alot about myself through dating).

It has been and continue to be a wonderful journey. And in this journey I have accepted Christ...but I would say I'm a liberal Christian. I don't want anything that has alot of rules and restrictions. If it's not about Love ...keep it.

Also do not DA or even meet with the brothers...you owe them nothing. And this will destroy your relationship with your family. It is so crazy but my elder father and mother are ok with talking/associating with me, but not my disfellowshipped and disassociated sisters. And the only difference is that I'm not DA or DF. Which is so crazy...because I have cross pictures all throughout my house, I speak of my church family openly. But my sisters are non church goers. very strange.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit