Can YOU solve the following Paradox??

by Terry 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Before I address the Paradox (a statement that contradicts itself) I want to insert a fact from history.

The Romans used a malleable (and highly poisonous) metal (lead) for water pipes and conduits. As snows melted into pure water, it was channeled into sluices and pipes made of lead that ran through the cities as drinking water.

The purity of the water and the genius of the waterways was POLLUTED by the transmission method: lead pipes.

(Lead, a plentiful by-product of the ancient silver smelting process, was produced in the Roman Empire with an estimated peak production of 80,000 metric tons per year – a truly industrial scale.)
    http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/wine/leadpoisoning.html

____________________________________________end of analogy_

Keep the above analogy in mind as I now ask the Paradoxical question...

RELIGION TELLS US THAT man has a damaged consciousness polluted by sin
    RELIGION TELLS US THAT man cannot think pure thoughts or reason wisely under his own power.
    RELIGION TEACHES US THAT
    man is easily tricked, confused and misled.

So, how do we solve the following paradox?

ALL RELIGION IS TRANSMITTED BY AND THROUGH MAN

Books are written by man. (Yes! Even the Holy writings! )

Religions are led by man. (Apostles, Prophets, elders, annointed....)
    Interpretations are given by man. (Governing Body "new light")

Rule making and enforcement is in the hands of man. (Judicial committees)

THE TRANSMISSION METHOD (MAN) POLLUTES THE PURITY

How can man be condemned as weak, capricious and error-prone on the one hand and yet--
    Be the sole transmitter of TRUTH and the arbiter of JUSTICE on the other?

IF MAN IS FLAWED, TRICKY AND POLLUTED........WHY TRUST HIM AT ALL WITH ANY MESSEGE PURPORTED TO BE PURE AND TRUE???

HOW DO WE EXPLAIN THIS PARADOX?
  • cult classic
    cult classic

You got me Terry. I have no argument against that one.

• sir82
    sir82

It's you other guys who are flawed, tricky and polluted.

When we are channeling God's thoughts, he makes us pure for a time.

It's like the Romans putting a copper sheath within the lead pipes - but only when the water is running. As soon as the water stops, it's back to pure lead.

Or, the shorter version: It's a miracle!

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL sir82.

• atrapado
    atrapado

An almighty God can squash any Paradox. Is there such a God? The answer is left as an exersise to the reader.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's why Jesus is coming back. Humans are screw-ups. He will show up and say " Alright retards, I am taking over and I will tell you what's what..who wants to learn from me and who doesn't.."

• tec
    tec

Well, in answer to your paradox question (why trust man with a message, etc)... we shouldn't. We should drink our water directly from the source... no need for lead pipes at all.

Peace,

tammy

• Pterist
    Pterist

Devine intervention. 1 John 2:27

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't think man is the transmitor of the message. If anyone tells you he or she has the low down and the skinny on God(s), then he or she is is suffering from delusions. All we have to do is look around us to see humankind at its best and at its worst and all points in between. Something isn't right here, but from what I see, the problems originate with flawed human beings. I am not satisfied that either religion or science can provide a complete reason/answer for why things are the way they are as for chaos, selfishness and evil.

For your OP: I say this: it's a no brainer. Additionally, there are people in both camps of believer and non-believer who understand your concept.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I really should proofread or spell check.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit