Co-founders of Permaculture:

Bill Mollison David Holmgren

Bill MollisonDavid Holmgren

Geoff Lawton is taking over from Bill who is pretty much retired now:

Masanobu Fukuoka - Natural Farming:

Masanobu Fukuoka

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Somehow, someway, these fools are making a difference in someone's life. I don't know whom, or how, but they are. And that saddens me...

They give me the realization that if they can make it, I have no reason not to...

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

In all seriousness, at this point in my life, this man is a hero to me...

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

She kept it real too...

• perfect1
    perfect1

heaven: was just looking up monty roberts- what an amazing person!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

lol Rubbermallet!

• StopTheTears
  • StopTheTears
  • cobaltcupcake
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

Those that I used to think of as heroes have either betrayed me or let me down. And yet I am not without faith in humanity. For I realize that the problem was not in human-kind, but rather in my thinking: in how I defined heroism. It was my expectations that were off.

Now, my heroes are among the most ordinary people of this life. Everyday they do what needs to be done. They do it without complaining, they do it without expectation of anything other than acknowledgement that they are doing what they should do. They do what needs to be done with quiet dignity and grace. They take pride in what they do and who they are. That is enough for them. I am in awe.

As far as I know, no one has taken a photograph which captures all of them at once, or even the essence of them, otherwise I would post it. Until then I only have my words. But if you want to know what they look like, all you have to do is open your eyes. They are everywhere; they are all around us; they are the ones that don't draw attention to themselves: this is why it is so easy to miss them. I know I did.

Please, notice the heroes in your life. You'll be glad you did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit