My wife and I bought a bar !!

by elder-schmelder 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

This brings back some memories--many, years ago I was involved with small business brokerage in Tampa- we sold a laundromat/dry cleaner to a guy from up north- then six months later he called us up to sell his business (he sold at a loss) Why? Well, he found out that over time he was physically ill from handling people's "dirty clothes"- he was sick of it and couldn't touch anymore dirty stuff- Of course it was a given this is part of owning this type of business, but he didn't realize how he would come to loathe it-- I saw the same with bars- many people bought a profitable bar and it turned into a money pit when they tried to clean up the place and run off the mouthy drinkers they didn't like- of course they and their buddy's money left- and that turned the place into a money loser. - and help be careful of the help- we saw unprofitable bars turned around when the new owners got rid of the help that was giving away free drinks and food to their friends-

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I think you need to start a T-Buckets Virtual Pub thread so we can check in for a virtual drink and visit.

(I always feel I have to get wasted when I visit the Drunken Gibberish thread ... been a while since I checked in there.)

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

cool! well done. I spent many, many years in bars working as a musician. They can be places where people go to heal, become part of the community, spend time that would otherwise be alone and lonely - in short, bars are good places.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

My wife and I have owned a bar for 4 years now. Very rewarding experience....VERY TIRING experience....When I come out I will post pics of it on my blog and post it right here.

• jam
    jam

Congratulations!!!! A fun business, people will always leave

with a smile.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Excellent news. I wish I lived a bit closer.

Cheers

Chris

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

good stuff

make sure you keep a coldready for me

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

The bar was busy last night. Our hometown team Somerset won the state high school football tournament. The game was played in Madison, so everyone meet at the bar to watch it together on TV.

• Thor
    Thor

Congratulations!

We wish we could stop in and have a Leinenkugel Shandy!

Mr. and Mrs. Thor

• elder-schmelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit