JW says yes to plasma and platelets, husband then says NO!

by snare&racket 15 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

27 yr old female patient with ruptured ectopic pregnancy, sees the light and says yes to plasma and platelets.... She is then sedated. Her husband then declares she cant have the plasma and platelets and doctors are forced to go to court. The risk of her death or permenant damage increasing by the hour.

The doctors decreed she had full capacity and right to autonomy when she relinquished her previos stand on blood. Once sedated the husband argued that she made the decision in pain and therefore was not thinking straight.

The husband, with no sense of irony and a huge heap on ignorance said no to blood or blood products but that she would accept blood fractions... So cups of tea are a no no, but hot water, milk and a tea bag is fine.. Its insane!!! This is his wife!

Thankfully the local court has overuled the husband.....LScore 1 satans system, another life saved.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19974490

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The wife accepted the blood and husband needs to STFU. She should tattoo F**K Y** to her forhead for the duration of the marriage.

Monster.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

wow! It would be great data to find out just how many people are killed each year due to this policy.

• Decided
    Decided

Maybe he didn't want to pay for the platelets, they are $1,000 for each pack.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i guess that marriage wont be for much longer

glad the courts choose correctly

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't understand why the doctors had to go to court to begin with. She's an adult who made a decision about her health while still cognizant. Being her husband doesn't mean he should be able to override that decision.

I wonder if there's a life insurance policy on the wife that the husband is the beneficiary of?

Edited to add:

<<<< She should tattoo F**K Y** to her forhead for the duration of the marriage.>>>>

Why on her forehead? It ought to be tattooed on her husband's face! I hope she leaves this loser and that he gets badly screwed in the divorce.

• Mary
    Mary
    Eileen Barrington SC, for the hospital, said the woman had told doctors that she was refusing a transfusion of whole blood or red blood cells but would accept platelets or plasma.

I think the real question is: Did she think platelets and plasma were "fractions"? She very easily could have. When my father had a bleeding ulcer several years ago, both he and my sister thought that plasma was one of the things they could take. I honestly think that we ex-Witnesses are far more familiar with what the Borg allows and what they don't allow, as opposed to what the average Witness is.

If she survives, she'll eventually find herself sitting in front of the 3-man kangaroo court to explain her actions. If she made a 'mistake' thinking plasma was allowed, she'll be given a severe tongue-lashing for not being 100% familiar with their ever-changing doctrine on blood, but will not be DF'd. If she caved and chose the plasma knowing it was not on the list of 'approved' fractions, at the very least they'll probably publically reprove her. She could also easily be given The Axe since it was widely reported in the papers, but that could come back to bite them in the ass with all the negative publicity that would generate.

Either way, her husband sounds like an asshole of the first order.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NewChapter - "She should tattoo F**K Y** to her forhead for the duration of the marriage."

Or maybe one above her nethers that says "Closed".

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Decided, its free here.....

Mary, the argument by her husband wasnt about understanding but was that when she made the decision she was in pain and therefore maybe wasn't thinking straight. Thankfully doctors have slightly more watertight protocols than the JWs. She had to show autonomy and capacity to make that decision i.e. retain info, understand info, repeat back info and comprehend consequence. You basically have to be demented, delirious or unconscious to not have capacity for a decision. The husband wont have realised the legal definition of capacity. Doctors would never controvene a advanced directive without clearly testing all aspects of capacity and documenting it. I wont be suprised if they got the wife t sign the decision. The fact that the court agreed suggests all of the above.

Keyser S, As for why the courts were involved, once sedated she obviousky loses autonomy and capacity, her next of kin then becomes her representitive in desicions. He must have kicked up a huge fuss, got in HLC etc to get doctors concerned. Imagine waking up to hear your husband was willing to risk your life and health against your wishes and that Satans courts, blood donations and a great medical system is the only reason you are alive. Your god and husband would have seen you die.. :( sad.

snare

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit