I've been thinking the Bible isn't legitimate--long indoor mat-rant

by sd-7 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

He would've had to start from scratch.

I think we only understand what God has revealed to us and we have limitations on our understanding and imagination. I don't think you can be sure about anything regarding God unless he tells you. Are you sure he started from scratch?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sd-7 - "I didn't notice it, but my brain did."

Epic statement, dude; you should use it as a sig.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab... where have you been all these hundreds of years... we have been in need of you for the Torah's interpretation.... .. ok it took 3 years for Sd-7 to come to this conclussion... maybe next year ... maybe

CJ, you seem to forget that I previously came to the same conclusions too, but I chose to stick with the Torah and look deeper. I discovered the cognitive dissonance that it was inducing in my brain to be by design. They are trying to get us to think about certain baseline human concepts that require indirect cognitive pathways or epiphanies for full understanding. My interpretations are not new. The creators of the Torah considered the idea of no God and they concluded that idea to be false, which is why the document exists in the first place.

-Sab

• elderelite
    elderelite

"why do my eyes hurt...?"

"you've never used them"

Like that scene from the matrix you are waking up, to the real world SD. We all were living a life based on Jewish fairytales. well played SD, and keep thinking and using your power of reason

• sabastious
    sabastious

Elderelite is it kind of like coming out of carbonite freeze?

-Sab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sabastious - "...is it kind of like coming out of carbonite freeze? "

You probably won't be caught by a hot princess disguised as a badass bounty hunter.

Sorry if I disappoint.

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOL while you know that star wars usually scratches me where i itch, i think the matrix illistration fits a bit better. thinking we were awake, living a real life, only to find it was all a lie.... hard to get more apt than that

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

it makes me think that we're being held back by our simple refusal to be objective about our belief system.

It does hold us back SD. Human beings need to make decisions based on all the random elements in every single situation that comes along in life. Without rules given by someone else. Every human situation is different so how can someone esle decide for us, but that's what religions try and do. It is a funny feeling, I know. It made me feel almost dizzy at first. Like being on a tight-rope without a net. But you'll be fine. Life is so much easier when you can decide for yourself.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    elderelite - "...I think the Matrix illistration fits a bit better..."

Oh, totally.

• scotoma
    scotoma

The Bible basically is not the book people want it to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit