Contributions ,how the Society CONTROLS the funds of a congragation

by raymond frantz 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

Dear Brothers in the Truth,

You say you want your money back? You claim to need those excess funds that we are holding in trust for you?

So sorry. Since our money market and mutual funds accounts did not perform to our satisfaction, we are restricting the return of funds to local congregations. In fact, we will be charging Kingdom Halls additional monthly service charges for holding those funds we refuse to give back.

We suggest that you go back to the members of your congregation and ask them to dig a little deeper. Suggest that they stop taking their kids to movies and fast food joints - it's all bad for them. We can provide addresses for local "day old" bakery outlets and community food banks. In fact, taking your kids to eat at the local midnight mission once a week will help them understand the plight of the homeless while providing them an adequate meal.

Bottom line: We need your money more than you need your money. Pipe broken? Get some duct tape. Window cracked? Use some clear packing tape. In other words - be proactive and quit trying to get us to give your money back.

Above all do not fret over small inconveniences. We leave all things to Jehovah. He will provide. Just wait on Jehovah. [We hear that due to so many pending and unanswered requests, Jehovah is a little backed up, so your wait may be rather extended - like the rest of your lives.]

With sincere Brotherly Love,

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Juan Viejo2 ,brilliant letter .A couple of corrections :

1. Resolutions :Don't make me laugh ! Has there ever been a resolution NOT passed ? If you put your hand against it ,it will be a visit from the elders for you .Now we know why no one puts their hand up .A resolutions was passed 10 years ago about the CO arrangement Fund and every one has forgotten about it
    2. I'm the secretary so i know what's coming in and what's going out .I can tell you the CO arangement fund is twice a year, the same amount of visits the CO is paying to the cong ,so for an average congragation of 70-80 that is still £200 a week .Plus congragation donation of £100 for the CO for that particular week and £100 for the family that gives him hospitality
    3. Our cong has in excess of £100k and I can assure all but £5k are held from the Society

Bottom line is ,NEVER DONATE .

Don't worry if you loose the building is not yours anyway ,it changed owner years ago ,it is part of the Society's real estate

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

@ Raymond Frantz

I was an Accounts Servant for several years in Canada and, in my area anyway, the contribution to the Traveling Overseer's Fund was yearly according to the Canadian Branch with the suggested sum donation being ~ $3 - $4 CAD per publisher. The congregation could decide how to make the installments and a resolution was always passed for the amount being made each year.

A resolution was no longer needed to cover the CO's expenses for the week they visited the congregation. (Twice a year and on some rare occasions 3 times when the congregation was the host for the DO and CO for the assembly).

Some peeps here were part of some affluent congregations. There were 3 congregations that pooled together their funds for the joint Kingdom Hall Operating Account for the KH we were sharing. As Accounts Servant for the title holding congregation I ended up being stuck with the work and they only managed to put aside less than $9,000 CAD "On Deposit" with the Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit