Threats for leaving

by l p 21 Replies latest jw friends

• l p
    l p

I have been out since 2002. I have absolutely nothing to do with the borg.

In the last week I have been threatened twice by 2 different witlesses. The first one in an email said: 'you know what the consequences are for leaving the organisation'.

I took absolute offense to this for a few reasons. Firstly, threatening someone is against the law. It is a crime. And this threat that you will die for leaving the organisation is farking unacceptable, inhumane, and a crime. Secondly, no one deserves to die (even though they teach that no one deserves life). I replied to this threat by saying I didn't appreciate it and that is the same things that cults do to stop people leaving. I then told this idiot to google 'cult characteristics' or 'cult 101' - they are secular websites so they arent apostate and learn what the characterstics of cults are. I said there are about 7 or 8 criteria, and that if she did an honest evaluatiion she would see that the WTBTS meets all criteria.

Then the second person calls on my door. Admits to pioneering this month and trying to get time in..Great I was just a time filler. She apologised for hearing that my mum died. She then said "jehovah will remember her, was she still strong in the truth, in good standing?' I didn't reply as my mother left hte borg with me. I nearly went through the roof as this fucking religion is telling me that my mother doesnt deserve to live bec she isn't in the borg.

I hate this organisation as they are completely INHUMANE, NASTY, OFFENSIVE and are in the same league as extremist MUSLIMS.

I swear if the elders try hunting me down, Im going to get an AVO.

LP

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

They're such insensitive idiots LP!

The Borg has warped their reactions to fellow humans.

Hoab

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'you know what the consequences are for leaving the organisation'.

Yes, this is typical cult speak. Did the person elaborate?

If this is encouragement(TM) they can keep it along with all their other messed up double talk.

I'm annoyed for you l p

Regards Paul

• l p
    l p

Thanks Paul

No they didn't enlarge, but after 22 years of indoctrination they didn't need to enlarge. I know what they teach. I just said I didnt appreciate the loaded threats. That this is totally unacceptable..bla bla bla...apparently it really shook her to her core...about time they bloody have a close look at what they are promoting

Lp

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

'you know what the consequences are for leaving the organisation'.

Jeez. Reminds me of a certain scene from The Firm.

• irondork
    irondork

Did they once ask you, "How is your relationship with God?"

• l p
    l p

nope...

but just for the record...if there is a god...i have a problem with him....he is responsible for all the shit that has happened to everyone over the years and allows all the wars in his name...

a crazy idea i have is to get the UN court to take god to court to sue him for crimes against humanity as he is the authority to stop them but hasn't....

and then conversely...he might be declared as dead by that court...ie if a person goes missing for that length of time they are declared dead...Well he has been missing in 'inaction' for yonks!

Crazy I know...but you got to admit i have a point...

Lp

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Last Sunday's washtowel (As per Blondie's thread), was another propaganda trip down that oh so familiar 'the end is SOON' lane. It seems to me that of late, the 'study edition' rags have been getting more guilt and hate inducing.

I feel sorry for them all sitting in the austere prison of the kingdom hell beeing spoon fed this kool-aid and bubbling and writhing in the ardour of their own stew of delusions.

Another thing is that if the WBT$ was taken to task over these deluded souls threatening you with god we all know what would happen. The WBT$ wouldn't lift a finger to support them.....................but try telling them that!

Here are a couple of snippets from the letters I received when the elders were hounding me:

Dear Punk
    I am aware that you have requested that there be no contact from the congregation, but there is an outstanding matter that needs to be resolved, and we would like to have your co-operation in resolving it.

You will realize from your years as a witness that you are presently considered to be a member of the congregation, even though it is now some months since you have attended any meetings. We feel that it is now time for us to clarify the situation, and with that in mind we would like to ask you to meet briefly with myself and (Brother Thinkshesimportant) in order for us to outline what action the congregation proposes to take, and give you an opportunity of expressing your wishes in this connection.

If you do not wish to meet with us, we would appreciate it if you would be good enough to put in writing your position with regard to your membership of the congregation.

Thank you for your attention to this, I hope you are in good health and look forward to your response

...........and finally..............

Dear Punk

I understand from (Mrs Punk) that you do not intend to reply to my recent letter, but the matter of your membership of the congregation still to be resolved.

We have had reports from several sources that you are now attending a church in Punkyland, and I am sure you will realise that if this is the case it is not compatible with your membership of the congregation.

We would like now to resolve this matter, and this in mind we have arranged a meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Friday September 23rd at the Kingdom Hall at (address). We would like you to attend this meeting so that you can have an opportunity of making your position clear and we can hear firsthand what you wish to do. This meeting will be of a judicial nature in view of the scriptures at 1 John 2:19, 2 John 9, etc.

If you would like to attend this meeting but the date is not convenient for you, you may contact the writer of this letter (I’m Sogreat) on 01xxx xxxxx or 07xxx xxxxxx or email xxxxxx@gmail.....

If you do not wish to attend, perhaps you would do us the courtesy of writing to make your position clear and what you wish to do with regard to your membership of the congregation. I would add that if you decide not to attend we reserve the right to make a desicion in your absence.

Over the years there have been a number who stopped associating with the congregation for one reason or another, and some of these have resumed their meeting attendance and service after a time, having missed the fine association with spiritually-minded individuals. There certainly is a fine spirit in the congregation, and we believe this to be an evidence of Jehovah's blessing. It is our hope that you will one day join with us in this fine, loving and peaceful association.

We hope you are in good health and we look forward to your response.

Yours etc.

3 signatures

Bro I’m-so-great

Bro Thinks-he's-important

Bro Reluctant

• l p
    l p

So Punk,

what did you do? Did you submit?...please say no...i would have got an AVO after you told them the first time you didn't want any contact with them...i told them after i left when they were persuing me that: "I do not want any contact on the phone, in person, in writing or email" ...they replied: thats ok we don't want you to think we are harrassing you...but i planned to get an avo...they left me alone since...we'll see how long that lasts...i know they would like to hunt me down...they've tried a couple of times...but i dont play the games with them...

Lp

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is no cut-off point with the WT need to seek and destroy those that leave, leaving is the ultimate sin in their book.

If you are lucky enough to have a whole BOE that is prepared to let sleeping dogs lie then you may be left in peace, but if you are a fader/inactive and they become aware of anything that they could DF you for then they will go for it, and if you have just one vindictive Elder you may be pursued without any justification, just because he thinks he will hang something on you, and then proudly "close the book" on you.

Christs disciples they ain't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit